Recent content by IA JOHN

  1. I

    Model IH 101 self propelled combine

    Our association has a model 101 IH self propelled combine. The clutch is slipping. Does anyone know where to get some information on adjusting the clutch. Also, we need an extension tube for the hopper auger. We have the auger. Are there any combine grave yards around. Our association is...
  2. I

    Model 101 IH self propelled combine

    I have been researching the type of engine used on the IH 101 self propelled combine. I remember it is a BD (black diamond) but I don't remember the number designation. If you know the number please let me know. Thanks.Ia John
  3. I

    IH Model 101 self propelled combine

    Our association received a donation of a IH Model 101 self propelled combine. Slowly we have been trying to bring it back to life. The combine is missing the auger housing that transfers the grain from the bin to the wagon. We have the auger, but not the auger housing. Any ideas where one...
  4. I

    Remove rim/tire from hub - rear tire on a 1952 B John Deere

    What is the procedure to take the rim & tire off a hub on a 1952 B John Deere. The hub is rusted to the axel.
  5. I

    Cluthch on a 1952 B John Deere

    You could easily keep your hand on the pulley.
  6. I

    Cluthch on a 1952 B John Deere

    I drove my "B" John Deere from my home to the threshing show grounds; 8 miles. My question is: should the belt pulley on a clutch get warm. Once I got to the show grounds a fellow came up and felt the belt pulley and he indicated it was warm, but not too bad. The only load was driving 8 miles...
  7. I

    Engine will not start

    Thanks for the advice. Just had the coil tested and it was OK. The problem appears the gas is not getting into the intake manifold. I pulled 4 plugs and they were all dry. If it was getting gas, but no spark I would think the spark plugs would be damp with gas. They are dry. We are getting...
  8. I

    Engine will not start

    Yes the electric fuel pump is getting gas to the carb.
  9. I

    Engine will not start

    Thanks. What I was looking for was ideas that I may not have thought of and I am getting that info.
  10. I

    Engine will not start

    Not that I am aware of.
  11. I

    Engine will not start

    Yes. We have put an electrical fuel pump for right now.
  12. I

    Engine will not start

    Our association has a Model 101 International Harvester self propelled combine. We had it running about 4 weeks ago; it ran very good. However, now it will not start. We are getting spark to the distributor. I had the coil tested today and it is OK. I checked two of the spark plugs and they...
  13. I

    Engine Question

    Our association was given a IHC Model 101 self propelled combine. It needs a lot of work. I am trying to figure out what engine IH put in the combine. From what I can find out the last year they made the model 101 was 1961. A few web sites suggest it is a BD-220 model engine. Also, the...
  14. I

    Rear tractor tire sizes

    I have a 1952 B John Deere. It has 11.2x38 r1 rear tractor tires. I need to replace them. I have a couple of questions: 1) What does the 11.2 measure? 2) Can you replace the ll.2x38 tires with 12.4x38 tires? Thanks in advance for your information.
Yesterday's Tractor Forums

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back
Top