Model 101 IH self propelled combine

IA JOHN

New User
I have been researching the type of engine used on the IH 101 self propelled combine. I remember it is a BD (black diamond) but I don't remember the number designation. If you know the number please let me know.

Thanks.Ia John
 
Two quotes found on the 'net, I can't vouch for their accuracy.

"Gas engine equipped 101 would have a BD-220. Same engine as in a 460 tractor, but in the tractor application it was referred to as a C-221. Also same basic engine as the BD (Black Diamond) 220 truck motor."

"The engine is a BD 220 which has several differences from the C-221 that was later on used in the later 303 combines. All gasoline combine engines were sleeveless even in the C-221 and other C models whereas in the tractors most had sleeves. C-200 and C-301 did not have in combine or tractor."
 
(quoted from post at 19:27:47 01/20/19) I have been researching the type of engine used on the IH 101 self propelled combine. I remember it is a BD (black diamond) but I don't remember the number designation. If you know the number please let me know.

Thanks.Ia John
don't know the number designation, but did buy a water pump from auto parts store for the BD truck engine and after swapping the backing plate, it worked perfectly.
I have the manual at another location, but don't know if it has an engine designation or not.
 
Yesterday's Tractor Forums

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back
Top