Recent content by IOfarmerWA

  1. I

    OT-Cow housing

    I guess I failed to mention they could access 6 acres of good pasture also. So that should work if they can get to the pasture? I have 20 1600lb round bales of alfalfa. Will there be to much wasted if I just put it in a ring...or should I stand it on end and become friends with a pitchfork?
  2. I

    OT-Cow housing

    I just bought a big ol' milking shorthorn! Gentle ol' gal. She's 5 days fresh with a calf on her, a heifer to! Question is... I have an old wood planked sided lean to out behind the pole barn. It's 12x24' w/ a 16x24 cattle panel fence around it. Will this be enough room for cow/calf and...
  3. I

    Question for the Dairy Farmers

    Well I see we have a bunch of real optomistic dairy farmers here. This can be done! It will take a lot of MONEY and WORK! There are many ways to start. Don gave good ideas. Buying calves would tie you $$ up the longest before you turned a profit errrr had any income. And you will have death...
  4. I

    well this turned into a story-get some popcorn...

    First off thanks for everyones advice. To answer a few questions my mother is an only child and has us 3 kids. I doubt the family issue would be a problem as my sister and her husband have a farm of there own and both work in town. My brother has a nursery business well established on the home...
  5. I

    well this turned into a story-get some popcorn...

    Hello all! Been lurking her for a year or so.The winter blues are getting the best of me, and I want to be tilling land and not pushing snow! So I decided I'd start a thread. First off a little intro. I'm a 19 yr old sophmore in college majoring in dairy science. We milked cows until '97. We...
Yesterday's Tractor Forums

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back
Top