Recent content by J Huff

  1. J

    Wool or no wool for a Farmall B Air cleaner?

    Hello again, I found 2 inches of water in the oil bowl of a Farmall B's Air Cleaner, there was a thick sludge there too and am not sure if it was rust deposits from somewhere else or from metal"wool" packing. I also noticed that this website sells wool for B's stating that "some air cleaners...
  2. J

    Rear rim hardware on a 1941 Farmall B?

    Thanks to everyone for the replies. Scotty: The squareheads are all there, recessed into the lugs. Most are flush with the outside edge of the lug, but several have pulled at least 3/8" through the lug, like the one in the blurry close up. Yes, 3.5" is the exact lenght I need, I am going to...
  3. J

    Rear rim hardware on a 1941 Farmall B?

    I have attached the pictures, but your reply was very informative nevertheless. If square bolts are common, then it sounds like I have the "correct" hardware already, but have a poorly designed lug. I assumed that the square bolt was wrong because these lugs don't have a "bottom" to their "box"...
  4. J

    Rear rim hardware on a 1941 Farmall B?

    Hello, I am almost done with the engine rebuild of a 1941 Farmall B. While leaning back and admiring my work, my uncle told me that the rear rims had the wrong bolts in them. I looked, and something is definitely wrong there. From what I have discovered, these aftermarket rims were put on 4...
  5. J

    Comprehensive source for Farmall B specs?

    Thank you for the valuable information. I do have a couple remaining questions though. I have located "binder books" manuals and see an operation, service (engine and chasis), and clutch manual. (http://www.external_link/letter.htm) I see no mention of a "blue ribbon" service manual there, is...
  6. J

    Comprehensive source for Farmall B specs?

    Hello, I am preparing to retrieve the Farmall B that i grew up on... which is in need of a top end rebuild. I have been googling for days and cannot find a good online source for Specifications & procedures. Is there no such online source? Do I need to break down and buy the manual? Info I am...
Yesterday's Tractor Forums

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back
Top