Recent content by Jacob Kramer

  1. F

    Gerald J, John T - Testing diodes in a bat. charger

    I have a Solar brand charger that doesn't seem to charge any more. I want to make sure the diode bridge is okay. I just don't want to buy a new one to find I was wrong or spend $100+ on the new version of what I have when I know I can buy the bridge for $35. Trouble is I don't remember how...
  2. J

    plug gap

    I have recently installed a pertronix 1247xt Electronic ignition on my 47 2N. I was wondering what to gap the spark plugs at. Thanks
  3. J

    ignition wiring

    I ripped out all wiring except solenoid. I replaced ignition with 1247xt and rewired everything according to Bob diagram. Everything works great now it is converted to 12 volt negative ground with electronic ignition. However I reused the battery and alternator that was either mispolarized for...
  4. J

    ignition wiring

    The battery is not mispolarized. I check with a vom. And the Alternator says right on it that it is a negative ground. However, when I got the tractor the positive terminal from the battery is hooked directly to ground. Maybe alt was always hooked up wrong. I just want to do it right. Currently...
  5. J

    ignition wiring

    When I seen vom I didn't know what you were refering to in your previous post. I will put my volt ohm meter on it and let you know. How do I verify my alt. is positive ground? It looks like a 70's GM unit. You help is appreciated as always.
  6. J

    ignition wiring

    I believe my alt. is identical to one in picture. Is S1 the key switch? Do I have to side marker light in the P1 wire? Also I just replied to soundguy and was wondering about switching to negative ground. Thanks
  7. J

    ignition wiring

    Mispolarized battery? I definately have a positive ground. Once I get the EI installed is there anything I have to do to the starter or solenoid to switch to negative ground.
  8. J

    ignition wiring

    It has a old style GM alternator that has a wire hooked to the batt. terminal. Wire goes from alt to + side of ampmeter. No wires are hooked to 1 and 2 terminals on alt. From - side of ampmeter wire goes to square resistor block on common post. 2 other wires on common post, 1 goes to another...
  9. J

    ignition wiring

    I need a complete ignition wiring diagram for a 47 2N. It has been converted to 12v but I'm not sure if it was done properly. It is a positive ground system, but I was hoping to switch to a electronic ignition. They all say negative ground only. Any pointers would be appreciated.
  10. J

    serial number, what model and year

    Now that I know it is a 47 2N engine, how do I verify the rest of the tractor is that?
  11. J

    serial number, what model and year

    According to Smith's it is a 47 2N engine at least. Thanks for the help.
  12. J

    serial number, what model and year

    I have recently purchased a tractor that is my first and need to know year and model. On the left side of block is 9N28II60 with stars, not asterisks before and after the number. There is a L176 close to the starter. This tractor has a front mount dist. Please let me know what this is or where I...
Yesterday's Tractor Forums

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back
Top