serial number, what model and year

Jacob Kramer

New User
I have recently purchased a tractor that is my first and need to know year and model. On the left side of block is 9N28II60 with stars, not asterisks before and after the number. There is a L176 close to the starter. This tractor has a front mount dist. Please let me know what this is or where I can go to find out.
Thanks
 
9N281160

1946 2N

(I thank)


Ford Model 9N

Year Starting Serial Number
1939 1
1940 10234
1941 45976
1942 89888
1943 105412



Ford Model 2N


Year Starting Serial Number
1942 99003
1943 105375
1944 126538
1945 169982
1946 198731
1947 258504
 
The first 1947 s/n was 258,504; so a s/n of 281,160 makes it a 1947. The L176 by the starter is the casting date of the block. The letter stands for the month (A=January, B=Feb, etc) I'm told the the letter "I" was not used in the month code, so "L" would be November. November 16, 1946 is the date the block was cast.
50 Tips
 
Nobody said I wasn't drunk!!

That is why I posted all the figgerin out equipment.

LMAO!!
 
Thanks fer the link Dunk, finally took the time to look it over, WOW them's fine lookin ol' Fords 8) very informative too!!

'el, I stashed it away in my favorites :D
 
Yesterday's Tractor Forums

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back
Top