Recent content by Jagalonia

  1. J

    At my wits 2Nd

    Volt meter can't get a good read right now, I'll probably take some time to clean the contacts with some scotchbrite later, battery charger I hooked it up to is saying 6.3-6.4, but it's a Canadian Tire charger so I'm not super confident in those numbers.
  2. J

    At my wits 2Nd

    I double check pretty much every time I go back to the battery. 6v at the battery.
  3. J

    At my wits 2Nd

    coil does not spark when hooked directly to the battery. and touching the frame of the tractor.
  4. J

    At my wits 2Nd

    I need to be careful here because it's positive ground so everything is weird, do I connect it to the positive, or negative on the battery? Also, do I need a specific gauge of wire, or will a piece of 120v extension cord do it?
  5. J

    At my wits 2Nd

    Did some continuity checks. Top thread of the coil assembly has continuity to the points, but not to the contact point on the cap. Cap looks clean because it's new, still shocked I found a OEM part for an 80 year old tractor.
  6. J

    At my wits 2Nd

    New cap fits shockingly like a glove, I can't see in it perfectly, but I'm pretty confident the contact point in the cap is touching the rotor piece.
  7. J

    At my wits 2Nd

    Coil confidently touches the screw in the distributor, but the screw looks pretty worn down. If anyone has specs on that specific screw I can find or machine a replacement if that ends up being the problem.
  8. J

    At my wits 2Nd

    Points are at .015±.001, plugs are at .025±.002. I do QC in a machine shop as my day job so I'm 100% Confident in those numbers. I've rebuilt the distributor twice, how do I check for shorts? Should the coil spark on its own, or do I have to touch it to a ground to spark?
  9. J

    At my wits 2Nd

    So I've got this ford 2N, 6v system, front mount distributor. I was using it to dig holes, then it started to cut after about 2-5 minutes run time. No sputter, just cut. Smelled like an electrical problem, as I had already replaced the carb, fuel line, and sediment filter, so likely the...
Yesterday's Tractor Forums

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back
Top