Recent content by JD60Standard

  1. JD60Standard

    730 PTO Noise

    That’s what the previous owner of my 720 did and it seems to work fine as long as your not doing any real heavy pulling.
  2. JD60Standard

    730 PTO Noise

    The level is correct and I changed the oil just before I started baling, it did not stink of gear oil. It seems to bang weather the baler is working at full capacity or not, but intermittently. I plan to do pull the Pto clutch out after harvest is done and if I don’t find anything wrong in there...
  3. JD60Standard

    730 PTO Noise

    I hooked the baler onto my other tractor and it ran quiet, no banging. I did run the 730 for a while this morning and it wasn’t banging too much, but I did notice that the casting that the Pto clutch is inside was extremely hot to the touch after running for a couple hours, I then switched to my...
  4. JD60Standard

    730 PTO Noise

    I’m going to put the baler on a different tractor tomorrow and see what it does. You could feel the banging through the floor pan of the the tractor, which makes me think it’s the tractor.
  5. JD60Standard

    730 PTO Noise

    I was baling with my 730 today and it started making a banging noise only when the Pto was engaged. It doesn’t do it all the time, and sometimes did multiple rounds before it started banging again. This makes me think it’s some sort of gear alignment issue, has anyone else had a similar problem?
  6. JD60Standard

    John Deere Literature Archive

    Over the last couple weeks I have been working on creating a digital archive of John Deere literature to share with everyone. Most of it has come from friends or has been found online, currently it covers most things from the Waterloo Boy up the 20 series new Generation tractors. If anyone has...
  7. JD60Standard

    John Deere 730 Electric start

    The starter was rebuilt about a year and a half ago, I will hook the supply line up to the bat B terminator terminal on the switch and see what happens.
  8. JD60Standard

    John Deere 730 Electric start

    I’m not sure, all the electrical worked before except for a draw that was running the battery’s down if it sat for more than a couple days, and I was unable to get the generator light to come on.
  9. JD60Standard

    John Deere 730 Electric start

    I tested the circuit breakers with my multimeter and all terminals read 12volts. There is a wire coming off the breaker and going to a screw in the voltage regulator, I have a new voltage regulator and it does not have this screw in the side, the new voltage regulator has a ground terminal...
  10. JD60Standard

    John Deere 730 Electric start

    I had a the wire the I have circled short out against the tractor, and now none of the electrical on the tractor is working. I am also unsure of what these are that are sitting on top of the starter as there are not listed in the wiring diagram?
  11. JD60Standard

    John Deere 730 Electric start

    Thank you, I just downloaded it
  12. JD60Standard

    john deere lawnmower hood repair

    Get yourself a hot stapler and staple the inside of the hood back together, then fill the outside of the crack with a body filler or similar material and then you can repaint the hood.
  13. JD60Standard

    John Deere 730 Electric start

    I have been have been working on my electric start 730 trying to solve some issues. I was wondering if anyone has a copy or downloadable version of Service Bulletin 268 that they would be willing to share?
  14. JD60Standard

    John deere 50 clutch noise

    Well, I finally got around to taking a look at the clutch on my 50, it turns out that one of the adjusting nuts was tightened significantly more than than the other two which caused the clutch to not engage evenly. I backed all three nuts off and then threaded them back on and tightened them...
  15. JD60Standard

    John Deere 40 head

    Physically it will fit, but it’s not the same head.
Yesterday's Tractor Forums

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back
Top