Recent content by jfloyd

  1. J

    Interesting Sign

    I set a new personal record with my suburban. $140 fill up. I'm 45 years young but gas, trucks, almost anything else - just add a zero to the end of the price I paid when I was first driving. Same time period produce off the farm has tripled at best. Many things like strawberries and tomatoes...
  2. J

    Single action cylinders

    I put three point hitch on the mast from an electric forklift and am using it on a 424 international. I don"t have enough hydraulic capacity to make the mast go all the way up and really don"t like the way the pump goes up against the bypass when the mast is coming down. I was considering adding...
  3. J

    O/T New Style Fuel Gauge For 2009

    It ought to be the other way around with $90 at empty. Or $120 if it is my suburban. Cute, thanks for the smile.
  4. J

    424 international oil pressure

    c-146 No knocking. The light hasn't worked in decades. Clean filter, clean pickup. It's on 10W40. New Rod bearings, 2 new mains (not rear) old cam bearings. I was just expecting a little more but have no idea what it was before. Maybe a pump would be good insurance.
  5. J

    424 international oil pressure

    Does anyone know how much pressure it takes to hold off the factory idiot light? Is this port the full pressure of the pump? I removed the sending unitand put a gauge on this port. I see 22# cold and next to none idling hot. I see another plug on the filter housing but haven"t tried it. What...
  6. J

    424 rear main bearing

    Yeah, that helps a lot. It looks like to me you can't change the rear main without breaking the tractor. Thanks for the fast reply and help.
  7. J

    424 rear main bearing

    Gas The two links or images don't load. Might just be me.
  8. J

    424 rear main bearing

    There is a little plate that blocks access to the rear main bearing bolts. Does anyone know how this comes out before I pry too hard on it? I"m worried that it may bolt from the flywheel side and the tractor would have to be broken to do this and to change the rear seal. Also, if anyone has the...
Yesterday's Tractor Forums

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back
Top