Recent content by Johns Schmincke

  1. J

    Ford Tractor

    Good question! Others will chime in hopefully so I will know also. What is the engine under the hood? John
  2. J

    2N clutch clevis adjuster

    Forgot to mention...e-mail is open. Thanks again Ed John
  3. J

    2N clutch clevis adjuster

    So I see...bummer...things like that on my other equipment I always gave a shot of WD40 from time to time but I guess the PO felt differently. Just another bump in the road........ John
  4. J

    2N clutch clevis adjuster

    Excellent, Thanks Ed. I never considered heat but will after soaking it for about a week. As for a spare, I guess a piece of allthread and 2 clevices ( or would it be clevi? ) would work temporarily till I could locate the real thing. I would like his contact info...just in case...as there are...
  5. J

    New Starter Question

    Hi d beatty, Its not a new starter, its probably the original. I was thinking to replace this starter with a new one but then got concerned with new teeth engaging a old flywheel. John
  6. J

    Lift Settings For A Plow

    It lifts the blade much higher than that. I only lifted the blade up about 12 inches to get it off the ground. While I drove around, I expected to see it slowly go down from reading here but it stayed where I put it untill I lowered it. Is that normal?
  7. J

    Okay...gotta vent

    Okay...for me thats a mouthfull! First off, I think Ill head over to walmart and see about that oil. When you say charging at max...I turned the screw both ways on the back of the gen to see if there was a change in the ammeter reading but noticed no change at all. So it could be defective. I...
  8. J

    Ford 800 oil fill question

    Unless you know the brand of oil and filter he uses, you might want to leave the receipt in the bag or box. He might just quietly return it and get his favorite brands, still feeling good about it since its free this time. Then you'd have all bases covered. This is just coming from hindsight...
  9. J

    Engine oil

    Oh yea, the moisture issue. Hour usage doesnt apply here, similar to me as miles on my car. Since 79, I change out the car about every 1500-2000 max and that varies depending on season, heat waves etc. Ordered a 79 Vette from the factory. It had 3 changes by the time it got to 1500. I have been...
  10. J

    Ford 800 oil fill question

    OOOH, I did that once for a neighbor who loaned me his new JD with power steering. Oil change was a breeze, got everything at the JD place upon their recomendation even but the look on the neighbors face when I told him was not good. I tried plowing is drive for the next coupla years till he...
  11. J

    Engine oil

    still think yu are bing a tad over cautious. Well, your right. Its 64 years old, strong still, runs quiet enough. Guess I would just like to help it without doing any damage. I havnt totally cleaned the outside yet, doing a little at a time but would like to know the oil passages are open...
  12. J

    Engine oil

    After I experienced dissolving the gunk between the rings of that 6 cyl with just one oil change, I saw first hand what good detergent oil would do. When I took that engine out, I pulled the pan just to look and was pretty impressed with the sludge that came out and the buildup inside the block...
  13. J

    Engine oil

    Well, the guy I bought it from highly recommended using non detergent..his words were we dont know what was used in it before, better safe than sorry. I know what was used in my dads 56 chev cause he bought it new and was strictly non detergent. I tore that 235 apart to look inside. It was...
  14. J

    Engine oil

    Not trying to stir up any mud but I am curious. The following quote is what got me curious. And, BTW, switching to detergent oil is not going to loosen up the sludge in the engine. While choosing oil brands & weights are sometimes subjective, the use of detergent vs non-detergent shouldn’t be...
  15. J

    Correct Fuel Line

    Man...just when it seems everything is running smooth.........guess if this is all I have to worry about, I got it made.
Yesterday's Tractor Forums

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back
Top