Recent content by jpi72

  1. J

    Suggestions on draining Farmall 560 transmission?

    Good news! My son used an air hammer while turning the plug. He got it! The front one he drilled a hole in it and then used an easy out to get the plug out. I put never seize on the new plugs. Thanks for your input. Joel
  2. J

    Suggestions on draining Farmall 560 transmission?

    I will try the 8 point socket. Thank you for the idea. Joel
  3. J

    Suggestions on draining Farmall 560 transmission?

    I was debating the heating idea. Not sure what to do. Joel
  4. J

    Suggestions on draining Farmall 560 transmission?

    I did tap it some yesterday, but I will try again today. Saya prayer for me. Joel
  5. J

    Suggestions on draining Farmall 560 transmission?

    No, I was not the one to tighten the plug. You are exactly right, someone rounded the plug before me. I will try again today. Joel
  6. J

    Suggestions on draining Farmall 560 transmission?

    This afternoon I attempted to drain the transmission of the Farmall 560. After much effort I got the rear plug out of the transmission. The middle plug is not loosening yet. Any suggestions on how to loosen this plug? I am beginning to think this tractor is demon possessed. Joel
  7. J

    Farmall 560 gas question

    Yesterday I moved the main jet 3/4th of a turn wider. I hauled 3 loads of manure with the tractor, and it is running much better. I may check the points. It is for sale. What is a fair price? $1,500 to $2,000? It has a Freeman loader on it. Joel
  8. J

    Farmall 560 gas question

    The plugs and points have been replaced. I might recheck the point gap. Thank you for the comment.
  9. J

    Farmall 560 gas question

    Thank you, that is where I would have guessed. Joel
  10. J

    Farmall 560 gas question

    The gasket is new, but I will look at it again. Thanks for the comment. Joel
  11. J

    Farmall 560 gas question

    Seems ok. I will take a closer look st it to be sure. Thanks for the comment. Joel
  12. J

    Farmall 560 gas question

    I think I am releasing ok. Thank you for the comment.
  13. J

    Farmall 560 gas question

    Now for the dumb question, which screw is the "load" screw? I don't have a good drawing of the Farmall carburetors. I could guess with some certainty, but why not ask an expert. Joel
  14. J

    Farmall 560 gas question

    It sputters when I let the clutch out and is under a load. I don't see black smoke out the exhaust. It seems to perform well under load after the initial letting the clutch out. It seems "starved" or wants to have more power, but seems held back somehow. Joel
Yesterday's Tractor Forums

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back
Top