Recent content by Kennelson

  1. K

    How to lubricate the 2N steering box

    Thanks. I think our posts passed in the mail. You verified what I found.
  2. K

    How to lubricate the 2N steering box

    [b:cd3f660ea9]Okay, guys, apparently the bolt holding the upper steering gear case is open to the inside, which would allow for oil to be fed in thru it. [i:cd3f660ea9]BUT[/i:cd3f660ea9], from the pictures in my service manual (which doesn't say anything about lube for the steering gear) the...
  3. K

    How to lubricate the 2N steering box

    After it sat this winter I noticed leakage of the oil from the 2N's steering box and the steering wheel action is now very heavy. How do I get oil into the steering box without having to completely disassemble the hood, battery, and all that surrounds the box? Is there a way to fill the box...
  4. K

    2N manifold/tappet cover interference

    Thanks for the reply, Dan. I don't know if it was ever replaced in the past, but now you've given me good reason to think so. That being the case, I'll make the alterations necessary and get on with my life. Did you grind away part of the manifold flange? My four year project is just .020...
  5. K

    2N manifold/tappet cover interference

    I"m completing a very long 2N restoration. For two days I"ve been trying in vain to start the engine. I just found that its not aspirating because there is a gap between the manifold and the block caused by interference of the two tappet covers. They appear to be projecting slightly up behind...
  6. K

    2n post-restoration startup

    Thanks, fellas, for the responses. I have a few more details to take care of and will then take your advice. This has been a fun--if looong--project, but it looks great and should show and work well. I"ll post pics soon. Thanks again. Ken
  7. K

    2n post-restoration startup

    I'm just finishing a complete 2N restoration project. The engine is a total rebuild and has not turned over fully since beginning work 3 years ago. My concern is lubrication for startup and breakin. If I pull the tractor to start it (that is, I allow the engine to turn over to get oil flowing...
Yesterday's Tractor Forums

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back
Top