Recent content by KFD

  1. K

    Ford 555b starters

    Update: I have replaced battery cables, put in a new starter, reprimed fuel lines all the way through to the injectors. Still was not starting. Decided to run a compression test of cylinder #2 (suspecting blown headgasket between #1 and #2 or between #2 and #3,......... bingo,.... cylinder...
  2. K

    Ford 555b starters

    Hemmjo,.. no offense taken. Little red button is pushed in. BUT,.... the fact that the very last thing I did when she was last running was shut her off with that,.... makes me think that the metering valve could be stuck? I have read a little about these CAV injection pumps and from my...
  3. K

    Ford 555b starters

    Great thoughts. Thank you Tom in Mo.
  4. K

    Ford 555b starters

    Never been a problem before. About 3 weeks ago,... tried to start it after it had been sitting maybe a month. Battery was weak. Charged it and next day she fired up. I moved it to a place to do some stick welding on the bucket. Shut it down. Next morning,...wouldn't start. Charged...
  5. K

    Ford 555b starters

    Thank you for the intel. It does puff smoke. The thermostat mechanism doesn't seem to work. I have ordered a new one; cheap and easy fix at $15-20 for the part. Re: puffing smoke; I tried to attach a brief 12 second video but it was too large for the server. During a 12 second attempted...
  6. K

    Ford 555b starters

    Anyone have suggestions on starter replacement for an early to mid 80s Ford 555b backhoe? I've read that some say putting in a gear reduction starter is much easier to get in (without having to remove injector pump, fuel filter, etc). If anyone has suggestions or recommendations on this I...
  7. K

    fuel pump problem ford 555b backhoe

    Thank you for the input. I have tried that. Free flowing fuel without air through filter,. into pump and out of pump relief. I'm thinking that the metering valve may be the culprit since that was the last thing moved/engaged when the tractor was shut down last (and was working fine). Anyone...
  8. K

    fuel pump problem ford 555b backhoe

    Gentlemen,...I'm having the same problem as Strong-arm. I used my early 80s 555(b?) about 2 weeks ago,...only for about 10 minutes. I shut it down,..tried to restart it the next morning and nothing. Turns over,... at times sounds like she wants to start but won't. I've charged up new...
Yesterday's Tractor Forums

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back
Top