Recent content by kj-32

  1. K

    35 B high & low gear

    Yeah, the brake drag is hit and miss. It's only happened a few times, but I haven't figured out if it happens the same way. I don't use the brakes much because it's mainly flat where I drive it, so I don't think that's the cause. The tractor seems to shift just fine when it's not running, but...
  2. K

    35 B high & low gear

    Yes, I do know there's 4 speeds. When driving it this weekend I purposely tried switching between all four gears and wanted to test it out a little more. Unless I'm crazy (or just a dummy), I couldn't get it to switch from high to low for a little while, but eventually did get it back to low...
  3. K

    35 B high & low gear

    Ha. Yes. I went back and forth on which to use. Obviously I'm a novice. I better get that corrected. Thanks.
  4. K

    35 B high & low gear

    Forgive me if these are dumb questions or comments, but I don't know a whole lot about my tractor yet. I've had my B for about 18 months, but have only driven it a handful of times so far. It has occasionally been a slight struggle to get it in high or low gear. 1st, 2nd and reverse all seem...
  5. K

    What tractors did you drive as a kids?

    The three main ones were JD 4020 and 4440, and an Allis 180. Also had an Allis 7060 or 7080 for 5 years or so. Dad is retired now, but the 4020 and 180 are still on the farm and get used occasionally.
  6. K

    "JD" trailer

    Nothing fancy, but I made this trailer for something to pull with my B. As a kid I remember using the trailer when it had a fuel tank on it, but the frame had been sitting in the trees for probably 30 years. At some point, dad had a local welder do some work on it and part of the frame was...
  7. K

    1938 Unstyled B

    Good that yours runs that cool even when plowing. I've noticed quite a few tractors that don't even have the guard on them, much less the curtain.
  8. K

    1938 Unstyled B

    Just curious, but how many people actually ever use the curtain? Sorry if that's a dumb question, but I figured for what most people use the tractors for these days, it's just for show. I've only owned my B for a year and a half, and I had to kind of rig the curtain to get it on the rod. It...
  9. K

    10 - 38 tires

    I'm in Nebraska, and if I hear from someone I'll gladly ask more questions. I'm not looking for 11.2, I'm specifically looking for a 10x38 Firestone ground grip. The one I have might be 75-80 years old but still holds air. Finding another is probably a long shot.
  10. K

    10 - 38 tires

    I have one old 10x38 Firestone ground grip that's in decent shape and I'm trying to find a match for it. Just joining the thread in case anybody out there knows of one. I've been looking since last fall but haven't had any luck. That said, I was actually able to find a pair of 9x38 tires that...
  11. K

    tire paint

    I should have commented that it's not for a work tractor, just show. Yes, I was talking about something similar to Miller tire paint. Looks like they don't ship this time of year though. I've found a few other options, but seems like the most common is either just spray paint or a 5 gallon...
  12. K

    tire paint

    Is tire paint worth it for making old tires look better? Or is it just as simple, or maybe better, to use Armor All or another similar product?
  13. K

    1935 B rear tires

    It most likely isn't repairable. It's already been repaired once. I actually already have a new rim anyway, so I'm more so just wondering about the tires.
  14. K

    1935 B rear tires

    Yes on 38. They're cutdowns. I have noticed that 36 seems to be more common, but maybe they wanted a bigger tire when they modified the wheels.
  15. K

    1935 B rear tires

    I'm a new first-time owner. The tractor is in good shape and probably has the original 10x38 tires, but one tire and rim need replaced. I found a pair of old style tread 9x38 tires that look to be in good shape, but I've been told that the old tires have a bumpy ride compared to newer tires...
Yesterday's Tractor Forums

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back
Top