Recent content by LinWI

  1. L

    leaking fuel injector

    IH 674 Diesel, started leaking fuel out of one of the inlet ports at the nut on the fuel pump. Fuel is dripping out from there at about one drip per second. Tried tightening the nut, but it won't move. Any tips on getting the nut to move? Is it okay to spray it with PB Blaster or something...
  2. L

    DOA Cub Cadet

    300 hours on the LT 1045. Last week went to start it and just heard a single click. Trickle charged the battery, same thing. Guessed it was a bad starter. Jumped directly to the starter post with a booster box - started right up. Mowed for a couple hours. Ordered a new starter. Yesterday...
  3. L

    Hydraulic filter cover stuck?

    IH 674, wanted to change the filter, took out the center bolt, but can't get the cover off. Don't have a filter or strap wrench that big.... any ideas?
  4. L

    Need hydraulic steel line repair help

    The steel hydraulic line that serves the power steering on my IH 674 busted off at the compression fitting, at the master control valve end. I got the compression fitting off, the end of the tube itself is rough, so I know it broke. Question is how to repair it without taking the whole thing...
  5. L

    Battery or starter?

    Seems like the 2 y.o.battery on my IH 674 diesel is going bad. After running it quite awhile recently with no problems, now it doesn"t have enough juice to start it. It does try to turn over, just too weak. Doesn"t make sense with this new of a battery. The connections are tight. When...
  6. L

    battery or alternator?

    I replaced the battery on my diesel IH674 9 months ago. Been running and starting fine. Left it sit for a week, and when I first went to start it, it cranked real slow then fired right up, like a weak battery. After that it wont"t start at all. The starter sounds like it wants to try, just...
  7. L

    Lost Prime In 674

    No, I'm not sure about the junk in the line. I tried opening a couple injector lines while it was being cranked, but nothing came out. I tried pressurizing the fuel tank with the air compressor. That resulted in a few times of the engine trying to catch, but it would die again right...
  8. L

    Lost Prime In 674

    Thanks, Jimb2. Mine has the glass sediment bowl on the bottom, and only one relief valve over the secondary filter. Can't get any fuel out of the relief valve. I must have gotten air in the lines past that. I'll have to try cracking an injector line.
  9. L

    Lost Prime In 674

    In priming them in the right order, I'm assuming I should loosen the acorn nut at the top, primary, then secondary, until I see fuel leaking out? Or should I loosen the screw at the bottom of the filter until some fuel leaks out? Which position should the relief valve on top of the...
  10. L

    Lost Prime In 674

    Hi the gasket on the bottom of my primary fuel filter (diesel) was not seated properly and caused a slow drip. Today I took it off and reseated it correctly. Put the same filter back on, made sure the sediment bowl was clean, etc. This filter was originally put on last Fall. I have now lost...
  11. L

    Looking for John Deere Van Brunt manual

    Thanks, I called Deere direct and ordered one.
  12. L

    Looking for John Deere Van Brunt manual

    I just got a JD Van Brunt model FB177A grain drill. Anyone know where I can find an operator's manual? I have the parts manual. I've noticed a few FB manuals out there - are these models very similar?
  13. L

    disc for 674?

    I have a 674 diesel, with a loader. I am needing to work about 25 acres of wheat ground, plus smooth some areas the pigs root up in the pasture. What size disc or harrow can I use with this tractor? Are there any other things I should look for (besides general condition)I have never used a...
Yesterday's Tractor Forums

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back
Top