Recent content by Luther D

  1. L

    1256 407DT Rebuild

    Thanks folks. Yes we will be having the head serviced, and it will be getting a new turbo. A lot of play in the turbo bearings and there was a decent amount of oil in the intake side. Not pooling anywhere but a real thick film. As far as I can tell it had the original Schwitzer 3LD-229 on it...
  2. L

    1256 407DT Rebuild

    Hey all. We purchased a 1256 this spring, mostly for cultivation purposes. It had quite a lot of blowby (front axle getting free rustproofing every time it ran) but worked fine for our purposes until July or so. Always sounded like it had a miss at idle but cleared up with some throttle. Over a...
  3. L

    Heat Exchanger Farmall 06 & 66 series

    As always I assume it's something more complex than it is. Thanks!
  4. L

    Heat Exchanger Farmall 06 & 66 series

    On our 1066 and 806 there is a part on the intake side under the manifold labeled heat exchanger. I'm using a plug in the bottom of it (right by the oil filters) to install a circulating block heater. My question is unrelated to that install. What is the heat exchangers purpose? I see it runs...
  5. L

    806 Range selector quit engaging today

    Welp we are all apart here, turns out the shaft running through the high low fork (the one that's bolted in) snapped clean half in two. I don't know what I was expecting but it wasn't that. Roll pin also sheared on the vertical shaft going to the cam. Everything else looks good thankfully, not a...
  6. L

    806 Range selector quit engaging today

    Thank you so much. We've got the parking brake disconnected but I didn't have a nut on it to hold it up, I'll get that set right before continuing. I'm thinking a new cover is in order, there's a lot of slop on that top cam coming out of the cover. I can even see its all wallered out with it in...
  7. L

    806 Range selector quit engaging today

    Those all seem nice and tight, I know we had them done by a neighbor who knows these old farmall pretty well a couple years back. He's going to stop by to help me with this too thankfully. Thank you for your input on it I'm very appreciative of the help.
  8. L

    806 Range selector quit engaging today

    Our 806 diesel (no TA) has had a hard time shifting into reverse since I don't know how long. I started working at this farm 4 years ago and it took a lot of back and forth to get it into reverse then, and has naturally gotten worse over time. Today running the 12 row cultivator the range...
Yesterday's Tractor Forums

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back
Top