Recent content by malcolm moore

  1. M

    18 HP Old Murray Riding Mower..manual and info

    Go to www.partstree.com. I am a small engine mechanic and the have a lot of info and parts explosions on line by manufacturer, even for store branded tools (Craftsman, Lowes, Home DEpot). You will need the model, type, serial or code number off of the frame. The decks have separate numbers as...
  2. M

    Case roof seal,

    I just restored the cab on my tractor and had a hard time finding gaskets and seals. A friend of mine recommended that I go down to an automotive supply and pick up a roll of the material used to seal windshields. It is a rubber based material that stays plyable like soft rubber, and seals...
  3. M

    John Deere F510 Hard to Start

    Sounds like you might have an intake valve sticking, not seated correctly or the valve lash (distance between the valve and the lifter(tappet)) might need to be checked. Common backfire is caused when the ignition(spark) fires when the intake valve is still open. The combustion that would...
  4. M

    ford 9600 power steering pump

    I received the information via e-mail from a guy in Germany. Turns Out that the V-notches goes toward the Gears, Not the flat sides. Also the notches are larger at the top. Make sure both are facing the gears so that it works as a funnel with the gears pressurizing it through to the smaller v.
  5. M

    ford 9600 power steering pump

    I recently rebuilt my pump due to seal leakage,but upon re install, I have no outgoing pressure to the steering control. This was a total overhaul on the pump, and there are two plates on the top and bottom of the gears. They have a flat side and a double v notch on the other. Both plates are...
Yesterday's Tractor Forums

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back
Top