ford 9600 power steering pump

I recently rebuilt my pump due to seal leakage,but upon re install, I have no outgoing pressure to the steering control. This was a total overhaul on the pump, and there are two plates on the top and bottom of the gears. They have a flat side and a double v notch on the other. Both plates are identical. My son did the tear down, and he does not remember the correct way they should be installed. The pump manufacturer is Plessey from Great Britian, and have not been succesful in a web search. I have a 320 page manual, but it just shows a parts explosion for the pump, without the notches in the part. Any information would be helpful
 
did you try primming the pump with some oil. I am not sure on a ford 9600 where the pump is. If it is above the oil level then try pouring some clean oil in to the suction side of the pump and losen the pressure line to let the air out and run the tractor. It is posible you did far more damage to that pump by taking apart. some of those pumps are tricky to rebuild
Good luck Ed
Untitled URL Link
 
I received the information via e-mail from a guy in Germany. Turns Out that the V-notches goes toward the Gears, Not the flat sides. Also the notches are larger at the top. Make sure both are facing the gears so that it works as a funnel with the gears pressurizing it through to the smaller v.
 
Yesterday's Tractor Forums

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back
Top