Recent content by Mark stevens

  1. M

    Tef20 starter engagement

    Thank you
  2. M

    Tef20 starter engagement

    Thank you everyone for the help and advice, Kind regards, Mark.
  3. M

    Tef20 starter engagement

    Damn. Other than it being big heavy nuts bolts etc, any pitfalls I need to watch out for. Regards, Mark
  4. M

    Tef20 starter engagement

    Thank you for getting back to me. I did look in the hole.And there is significant wear on the starter ring. Is this easy to change or can it be repaired in situ? Many thanks, Mark.
  5. M

    Tef20 starter engagement

    Good evening everyone. My tef20 starter doesn't mesh or engage every time with the fly wheel, and I have to spin the starter and try again. When i spin the starter it normally does then engage and start. I have fitted a new starter as the old one was very tired. Both old and new starters...
  6. M

    20w50 oil for tef20 diesel engine?

    Good afternoon. I have a tef20 diesel and have bought 20w50 classic oil, instead of 20w40, which I can't return. Will this be OK to use in the engine in the uk please, Kind regards, Mark.
  7. M

    Tef20 wont select fwd gears

    By way of update guys, I managed to remove hydraulic top cover and access the rear of the shift rods. Removed the locking plate and freed them up to the point I could move the rods backwards enough to access the ball bearings and clean and free them. Took the opportunity to clean the hydraulic...
  8. M

    Tef20 wont select fwd gears

    Any idea how i access the balls marked up on the diagram at the back of the gear selector shafts please, kind regards, Mark.
  9. M

    Tef20 wont select fwd gears

    Thank you, that looks like mine. The balls (10) on the diagram look to be in the housing that the start interlock plunger (11) is in. I'm not sure how to access these to be honest.
  10. M

    Tef20 wont select fwd gears

    Thank you for the picture. I have 25/26 on the diagram - would/Could I also have 23/24 in the back end. My top cover is larger than shown and covers both gearbox and clutch gallery/chamber. My shift rods move freally by fingers as do the gears at the bottom of the selector forks, but hit a...
  11. M

    Tef20 wont select fwd gears

    All 3 move, but only S/R will select. 1/2 and 3/4 only move about 3mm each way - when they stop it is a hard mechanical stop, not a gummed up stop. They are not seized in the casing as is often the case.
  12. M

    Tef20 wont select fwd gears

    Thank you for explaining where they are etc. Could I ask you to post a picture of the parts page please so i can visualize exactly how to get to them and check, Many thanks, Mark.
  13. M

    Tef20 wont select fwd gears

    Which 2, 1/2" balls? The only things I can see are the 3 plungers and springs that locate the selected gear by dropping under spring pressure into a notch in the selector shaft, and hold the shaft from moving out of gear. Are there 2 more balls somewhere I am missing? If so where are they please...
  14. M

    Tef20 wont select fwd gears

    All forks are in neutral. With gearbox lid removed the only selector shaft that moves correctly is start/reverse. 1/2 and 3/4 only move about 3mm either way and hit a hard stop. I have checked the back end and there are no obstructions etc in the rear diff/axle casing where the selector shaft...
  15. M

    Tef20 wont select fwd gears

    Thank you for allowing.me to join the forum. I have a tef20 that wont select any fwd gears. Tractor not used for 6months and gear selectors were seized. I took gearbox lid off and freed off selector rails with wd40 and a light tap - all free. Rebuilt it all and it now won't select any fwd gears...
Yesterday's Tractor Forums

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back
Top