Recent content by mbest

  1. M

    JD 2440 hydraulic pump filter

    I'm changing transmission filter & screen.. On the hydraulic pump filter, it appears to be located at bottom front of pump (per JD dealer). I believe this is a "newer" 2440 s#341288T. Anybody ever changed??? Much of a job?? What is best way to do it? Any other suggestions??? Thx
  2. M

    JD 2440

    I have new one coming thx
  3. M

    JD 2440

    Purchased this 2440 this spring Changing transmission filter & screen (one below seat). Screen won't come out. have feeling maybe never been changed Any ideas on how to get out?
  4. M

    JD 2440 radiator problem. Have a 2440 serial # 341288T...so one of "newer" ones. had to get new radiator....

    Have a 2440 serial # 341288T...so one of "newer" ones. had to get new radiator....part# 90947 old one has 2 3/4 filler neck....got from place that YT endorses. But filler neck on new only ab 1 in long (& wherever I checked is the same. ) With the new one if installed water etc will come in...
  5. M

    JD 2440

    I may have to get one thx
  6. M

    JD 2440

    don't have tech manual. I may have to get it thx
  7. M

    JD 2440

    I know where the sensor is. There isn't a connector or wire on the sensor. Putting those on. trying to figure out where wire goes etc. I have shop manual for this tractor but wiring diagram doesn't even show the engine sensor or wire. Anyone have a better copy of wiring diagram??
  8. M

    JD 2440

    not my setup but thanks that must be for under serial #341,000
  9. M

    JD 2440

    thanks serial # above 341,000 has instrument cluster etc so many wires there that i wouldn't know where to begin
  10. M

    JD 2440

  11. M

    JD 2440

    I just purchased a 2440. It has the one engine temp sensor in housing below thermostat. Prong is there to put a connector on but that is all. I picked up a connector & wire. Where does the wire go to??? have operator & shop manual but neither one says anything. in Fact, wiring diagram...
  12. M

    JD 2440

    I just acquired a 2440 what is the lever to Left of seat for??? has notches on it & a push button at end looks like there is some sort of shut off mechanism on it thx
Yesterday's Tractor Forums

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back
Top