Recent content by Mike Fitz

  1. M

    You don't find these everyday

    Neat motor, is it still operable?
  2. M

    Welding on a horse drawn potato digger

    If the parts are made of unobtainium, and not too hard to remove i'd check out a welding shop, cast welding can be finicky to work with especially if you are not experienced with it.
  3. M

    An interesting tractor (Case DI)

    Neat tractor in apparently excellent shape! it appears to have a foot clutch in 1945, thats kind of neat too, the PTO on an industrial is different as is what appears to be a lifting mechanism of some sort, it would be interesting to see its history, I wonder if its build card is still available.
  4. M

    Case 1947 SE Series Engine

    As you have been told and Case Nutty confirmed it is a wet clutch, lubed with engine oil, my guess is it is weeping around the bell housing gasket as there is no apparent oil on the clutch shaft or the output shaft. that being said I think the hose is an add-on at some time in the past, the...
  5. M

    D Stalling When Hot

    Might be a partial obstruction in the fuel passages in the carburetor, had that happen in a DC i have once, fine particles in the main jet. Do the spark plugs look like they are running lean?
  6. M

    Fergie Pics.

    looks great! Gives me the itch, I have my grandfathers TO 20 in the shed in rougher shape but running, great little tractors in their day.
  7. M

    Restoring hood ornaments on a Massey 180

    Thanks! Ill look into it.
  8. M

    1989 case 1835C advice

    Sounds like you've already talked yourself into it, Case UNI Loaders were the gold standard for a long time, I don't know a thing about the engine but 3k for price sounds pretty reasonable.
  9. M

    Restoring hood ornaments on a Massey 180

    Does anyone restore the hood emblems for Massey tractors? The ones on my 180 were flaking, I repainted them and they are kind of marginal.
  10. M

    What was your longest tractor ride?

    20 miles with a model 2010 John Deere to a January consignment sale for my aunt, it was -20 F and windy, we took turns about every fifteen minutes.
  11. M

    Hydraulic valves on Massey 180

    Thank you, the regular manual says to consult the manual for auxiliary hydraulics that I don't have. I have adjusted the valves and have what I need now, thank you agin. i
  12. M

    Hydraulic valves on Massey 180

    I have a Massey 180 with the two remote auxiliary valves, one appears to be set for one way operation and one is set for two way, I would like both set for two way, I have found the two slotted pins in the front of the valve and believe this is where the adjustment is made but would like...
  13. M

    Cut barley yesterday

    Good to know, our patch was an experiment so room to improve if we do more in the future.
  14. M

    Cut barley yesterday

    What does spring barley normally yield? we planted about 10 acres that made about45 bpa.
  15. M

    fuel door fasteners on Massey 180

    I found out the parts are dealer available
Yesterday's Tractor Forums

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back
Top