Recent content by mscat

  1. M

    Decal placement on 861

    I have the full set, just trying to figure out where some of the smaller ones go.
  2. M

    Correct 850 colors

    Here are pics of cans of the colors that I bought for an 871 about 35 years ago. I recently had Sherwin Williams color match some acrylic enamel to use on an 861. I don't think Ford still carries the colors but these I am sure are the correct colors for 1959-1962 800 series. The red is sometimes...
  3. M

    Decal placement on 861

    Can anyone help with placement of full decal set for an 861?
  4. M

    3400 power steering issues

    I’ve been working on an 861 with similar problems. It got a little pricey to buy the gauges and fittings to see if and where you have pressure but at least you can confirm that the pump is good. I also checked the pressure out of the control valve. I still don’t have mine working but I am sure...
  5. M

    861 power steering

    Help if you have any ideas. I have been working on an 861 power steering. Have replaced the pump (twice actually). Have cleaned and reassembled the control valve. Steering is very difficult to turn. Have been all the way to the bottom of the steering box. New sector gears, bushings and every...
  6. M

    Power steering pump cross reference

    Yes the pulley matched right up. I have since rebuilt the entire steering column from sector gears to the bearing at the top of a new steering shaft. Still have steering problems, very difficult to steer.I think it has to be either the Cardone pump is not right or the control valve is not...
  7. M

    861 power steering

    I’m almost positive the sectors are adjusted correctly. I disconnected both of the cylinders and the steering feels great. My measurement of the power steering spool movement is just over 1/8 of an inch. I thought that might be too much but evidently that is not so if yours is 3/16. The ford...
  8. M

    861 power steering

    I am in the process of restoring the power steering on an 861. This has certainly been a learning experience, but I have more to learn and would appreciate any help. The pump was leaking and the shaft on it pitted preventing any rebuild. I was led by a local hydraulic shop to purchase a Cardone...
  9. M

    Power steering pump cross reference

    I understand that this pump was used on 57 Thunderbirds. That’s why it makes sense to me that it would work on a 57 Ford. However, Cardone says they do not confirm any match to a tractor
  10. M

    Power steering pump cross reference

    Old pump was leaking. The previous owner said he just refilled it, turned the wheels from stop to stop and the power steering worked fine. That’s why the pump was changed.
  11. M

    Power steering pump cross reference

    I had to have the output fitting changed and then it matched right up. When I put it on the steering became really hard to turn and a cylinder started leaking. Also the control valve had fluid coming from the anticavitation check port. That is what made me wonder if that pump was a good match.
  12. M

    Power steering pump cross reference

    Thanks for the reply, did you have to make any alterations?
  13. M

    Power steering pump cross reference

    Will a Cardone 20-6052 ps pump work on an 861 ford?
  14. M

    861 Ford power steering

    Thanks for the video. Will be really helpful when dealing with the valve.
  15. M

    861 Ford power steering

    Thanks for the response. I contacted the manufacture of the pump that I installed and they say the pump turns clockwise just as the one that I removed. I'm like you it seems like something simple but I can't unravel it.
Yesterday's Tractor Forums

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back
Top