Recent content by NebraskaFarmer

  1. N

    3020 Gas or 3010 Diesel

    I’d use it in the winter. I have an old gas tractor for snow plowing. I have always preferred the diesels, and i can always plug er in in the real cold.
  2. N

    3020 Gas or 3010 Diesel

    So I have heard that almost everyone would prefer a John Deere 3020 diesel to a gasser (except in winter), mainly because of fuel consumption and torque. Ive also heard that most everyone would take a 3020 over a 3010, because of optional power-shift, a bit more horse, and an occasional...
  3. N

    Small square baler price?

    The plan is to hay about 7 acres of our own. Nothing big, but we want to start with small, cheap equipment and slowly upgrade if we like the hay business. You make some good points, the last thing I want is to be stuck with a broken baler or loose bales when haying for someone else. We might...
  4. N

    Small square baler price?

    That makes sense. I’m not picky as far as brand goes, and over winter a project doesn’t sound too bad! Only thing is, where would I find one for such a low price? Everything I see online is at least $1500 to $2000. I’m willing to work on it and put a little elbow grease into it, but I’d like a...
  5. N

    Small square baler price?

    I am trying to find a used small square baler for sale as I’m starting a side business of haying some land and maybe custom for others in my area. I’m looking for an older one, but still reliable with minimal maintenance costs. The ones online seem pretty pricey, even for older balers that need...
  6. N

    Bent exhaust stack!

    It’s a gasser, unsure of year. It’s not a bad looking tractor, runs good and reasonably priced. It’s not broken under the hood, just bent up. From what you’ve all said, and after looking at it, it’s mainly just a cosmetic detail. I just wouldn’t want it to cause problems down the road, like...
  7. N

    Bent exhaust stack!

    A John Deere 3020 for sale has a bent exhaust stack. It’s not just kinked, but seems to be bent from all the way under the hood, so it comes out at a funny angle. Is this a problem on a tractor? We’ve never had one bend on any of ours like that, is that a tractor I should avoid? Or if I bought...
  8. N

    Single or double loader hydraulic?

    Thanks! It seems to me that the single cylinder might obstruct view when lifted to a certain height? If I’m trying to use a bale spear, for example?
  9. N

    Single or double loader hydraulic?

    I’m looking to purchase a John Deere 3020 with a loader already on it. I’ve seen some loaders with two bucket hydraulics on them, one on each side, as well as loaders with one hydraulic in the middle to control the attachment. My 2520 has two. Does this make any difference?
Yesterday's Tractor Forums

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back
Top