Recent content by NEPA ED

  1. N

    IH 656 crank, no start. Wits end.

    Have not used starting fluid. Air filter is clear. Going to check timing next couple of days.
  2. N

    IH 656 crank, no start. Wits end.

    Yes. I've read that and appreciate the response. Everything I've read or seen tells me it's a fuel issue. Watched videos of guys starting diesel tractors that have been sitting outside for decades with trees and brush growing all around and they get those things started. Just doesn't make...
  3. N

    IH 656 crank, no start. Wits end.

    Thank you. I'll do it. Should the fuel just drip out the end on the fuel line? Shouldn't it be under significant pressure ?
  4. N

    IH 656 crank, no start. Wits end.

    Past few years I've let a guy cut and take the hay from about 18 acres of fields. Three years ago while he was cutting he couldn't start his 656 diesel. I don't know if he shut it off and couldn't restart it or if it shut off on him while in operation. One of the rear tires leaks at the valve...
  5. N

    JD 2440 won't shut off

    My 2440 won't shut off by pulling the injector pump shut off leaver. I opened the top of the injector pump and found the shut off cam (J shaped clip) laying in the pump. I can't seem to put it back on. It's supposed to snap back in place but doesn't snap in. It doesn't look bent and it's not...
  6. N

    Comer rotary cutter gearbox parts help

    I'm in need of some parts for a Comer LF-17A gearbox for my rotary cutter. I can't seem to find a parts list or a company that would carry parts. If any one can point me in the right direction I'd really appreciate it.
  7. N

    Deere 2440 pto issue

    Pressure test was good. Took off the pto valve. Small snap ring was missing which I replacedthen reassembled but did not help. Split the tractor yesterday. Snap ring that holds the clutch pack in was in several pieces. Going to take a week for a new one to come in. I'm certain that's the cause...
  8. N

    Deere 2440 pto issue

    And yes, 3 pt and power steering work correctly
  9. N

    Deere 2440 pto issue

    I changed all fluids hyd, oil, antifreeze and filters. Cleaned the screens - hardly anything in them last summer. Guy I bought from told me he had recently changed them too but I wanted to be sure. I've brush hogged 50 acres last year and drilled 20 or holes with the auger until it acted up.
  10. N

    Deere 2440 pto issue

    My JD 2440 pto spins but no torque. The lever that engages the pto works fine. As I pull up on the lever by the shifter rpms increase but if I pull up too far (i.e. I cant lock it in place) the pto will stop spinning. Also when spinning slow it doesn't spin smoothly. Kind of stutters as it...
Yesterday's Tractor Forums

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back
Top