Recent content by Normspeed

  1. N

    WC killswitch for Mag

    Another killswitch question..I have a WC with a different mag. It's a K type, with the one piece cap instead of two piece. There is a small stud at the bottom of the cap for grounding out to kill the ignition. But I'm not clear on how this hooks up inside the mag. The inside part looks like...
  2. N

    WD Runs then Quits

    I just went through this with my WC. The brand new gas cap I bought to replace the old dented one, was not vented, and the tank needs a vented cap. I drilled out the plastic plug in the vent area inside the cap and the problem went away.
  3. N

    What implements work on a 39 WC?

    Hi Chuck, until late last year, I lived in Glendora, just down the hill from you. Now I'm in southern New Mexico, which is also high desert, about 4500 feet altitude. Still just a stone's throw from the 10 freeway, it seems to run right through the middle of my entire life.
  4. N

    Need Allis G Carburator Parts

    I'm new on this forum and new to tractors. I just went through my WC carb and found several online suppliers. The company that hosts this forum has a good variety of stuff.
  5. N

    6V to 12V conversion

    Rod, thanks for that link. Very nice stuff. I've kept my old car 6V + ground with no problems at all but my WC came with virtually no wiring left intact and since it's a fun project and not a full restoral, I'm going with 12 volt. Does start easy with the crank though.
  6. N

    painting carb

    I think I've seen that paint in a cataolg like Eastwood. I just finished going through my WC carb and in less than a week on the tractor it's getting a coat of rust. Did AC just paint the carbs and engine together after the engine was assembled?
  7. N

    What implements work on a 39 WC?

    Thanks guys for the info. I think I'll keep an eye out for one of those side mowers.
  8. N

    What implements work on a 39 WC?

    If I can pick your brains again, the WC I'm fixing up will be used for keeping my property cleared as well as some family and friends' property. A lot of that here in the high desert is done with a simple chain and drag setup. I'm wondering though, what other implements are made to work on a...
  9. N

    Lubricating final drives on a WC

    My two Allis books (operator's manual and service manual) are not very clear about exactly where to lube the final drives and what to use. They make mention of a very thick gear oil, over 200W. I haven't seen that at the local suppliers. I see a drain plug on each final drive cover but don't...
  10. N

    WC starter switch

    Thanks guys. What I ended up with for now was to isolate the switch from the starter case with a gasket and isolated the mounting screws from the switch with nylon washers and spacers. It fixed the problem although I'm new at this and don't know if that should be required. Starts fine now...
  11. N

    WC starter switch

    I have two working starter motors for the WC. One had the starter switch in place (the mechanical switch) but didn't seem to work. I bought an aftermarket switch and it doesn't seem to work either. Both starters work fine if you remove the switch and touch the battery cable to the stud. I...
  12. N

    Removing WC steering shaft

    I appreciate all the info. Since I got the tractor running, I've been having too much fun tooling around the neighborhood. Hopefully today I will get those pins out and swap in the good shaft and u joint from my parts WC.
  13. N

    AC C Starter Help: 12 volt back to 6 Volt

    Matt, does polarity enter into the change? I'm also going back to 6V and I believe they were + ground. Does a starter motor care about polarity or will it spin the right way either way??
  14. N

    Removing WC steering shaft

    Thanks guys. One side seems flush with the opening, the other is sort of mushroomed. I'll get out the grinder and try that. I've been reading up on some of the old posts and this is a great forum. Lots of good advice/info, and a good bunch of guys too. I also frequent an old MoPar forum...
  15. N

    Removing WC steering shaft

    Hi, new guy here with a 1939 and a 1942 WC. I'm trying to remove the pin that secures the steering U joint to the front steering shaft. Tried a stout punch and hammer but it won't budge. Is there a trick to removing the pin? Do I need to do some grinding first? Same question also for the...
Yesterday's Tractor Forums

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back
Top