Recent content by oldtimer-HT

  1. S

    someone tell me about a 641D

    ok.. I've played with all the gassers of that era.. and I know what a 640/641 is like in the terms of power and the 4 spd tranny.. etc.. etc. havn't played on the 144ci diesel, though have played on a 172 ci diesel. what should i expect in the terms of power, compairing it to my 660 or naa...
  2. O

    Yanmar YM 173

    Thanks for the tips folks! I think I'll pass on this one.
  3. O

    Yanmar YM 173

    I am looking at a Yanmar 173 with a new Bulldog loader. Tractor appears to have been refurbished. Looks like it falls into the gray tractor category. Can anybody advise where I can find data about this tractor?
  4. O

    YM 1500 starting problem

    Good news! The oldtimer received a new starter bendix yesterday and now works as it should! The new bendix is an 11 tooth bendix, same as the old. The old bendix shows sign of wear to the teeth but still looks like it should engage the flywheel. <LINK_TEXT...
  5. O

    YM 1500 starting problem

    The PO made it very clear that the tractor had a problem with the starting process. I think the starter number is S 114-219. I'm wondering if this could be one of the tractors that requires a 9 tooth bendix? <LINK_TEXT text="http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v358/ ...
  6. O

    YM 1500 starting problem

    Thanks all, for the responses! I tried removing the gasket (think it is more of a spacer) which failed to correct the problem. I visually inspected the bendix and flywheel again and could not determine why they would not engage. I took digital photos to send my son to get his diagnosis...
  7. O

    YM 1500 starting problem

    New member here! Proud new owner of an oldtimer YM1500 (when I can get it to start). The problem sounds identical to what member chuckyp ran into with his YM1500D last year so if he sees this post I would like his advice on what he did to correct the problem. On rare occasions, the starter...
  8. J

    Ford 2810 Steering

    Have an '89 Ford 2810 with just over 3K hours. It does the work I need it to do very well but has had some repeated reliability issues with the power steering and I'd appreciate some feedback from people who may have broader experience. It's got the late style two-arm box and it's 2wd. I've...
  9. J

    tractor vet

    welcome back,I heard your computer was down.I was trying to imange you torqueing and wrenching your computer,or is a tractor a lot eaiser to understand.I wonder if my computer will last as long as my farmall regular jimmy
Yesterday's Tractor Forums

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back
Top