Recent content by Paul swpa

  1. P

    An old water pump, help please

    Never saw one like that. If the ATF doesn't do the trick, try some old vegetable oil (cooking oil). My brother that works in fire suppression systems, sprinklers, told me about that. Works surprisingly good on old valves and such, worth a try. Paul
  2. P

    My Ford 5000 went high tech

    Only problem I saw with the ontrak when I looked into them couple years ago was that the older one like you got weren't very accurate on side slopes, would have to get the newer one that compensates for slope. Almost got one if it wouldn't have been for that. Didn't feel like spending the extra...
  3. P

    Looking for some suggestions

    (y) Good to know. Never tried it myself but thought about several times, especially for the little 12v sprayer doing garden stuff.
  4. P

    Looking for some suggestions

    There are dyes you can get to mix with your spray. No experience, just know it's out there.
  5. P

    Subsoiler

    You're going to plant tillage radish right? just get enough loose dirt on top for the seed to get in (1/4" or so) and let the radishes do their thing. As far south as you are I doubt if they will freeze out so just let them grow. Between their tap root and the accumulating biomass on top I think...
  6. P

    Just saw the peak of the lunar eclipse...

    I forgot about it til you posted. Thank you for the reminder. Not very often is it clear enough to see anything like that here. Saw the start of it when I closed up for the night.(y)
  7. P

    Mini split heat pump????????

    That's what I did, used a (new/clean) garden sprayer. Coils were pretty easy, the fan is the problem. Fan is hidden so deep can't really get to it. One like MM-TX has where fan is removable for cleaning might have me thinking differently than I do with what I have.
  8. P

    Old Rhino shredder - removing the PTO shaft

    Looks to me that you would need to put some kind of wedge in the slot in the hub where you took the bolts out, nothing too aggressive, a flat screw driver, small chisel,etc. which should open the bore on the splines slightly allowing the hub to come off. might need a gear puller to help it...
  9. P

    Mini split heat pump????????

    Don't like the one in my house. No way to really clean the mold out of the inside part of it. I have solid wood (cherry) walls if was drywall maybe wouldn't be such a big deal, but I'm not getting the wall wet to damage it. Mine has been in for nineteen years now. Haven't ran it this is second...
  10. P

    Roundup/2-4-D

    Ester version. I may be wrong according to some of the other posts? What I have is called LV4 and is an ester formulation vs. an amine formulation. Amine we use on hay fields and oats, sometimes other small grains and corn for broadleaf weed problems.
  11. P

    Camshaft

    Really have no idea of price. Don't know for sure if it is the new one I bought or the used one. Was rebuilding the C200 in my 544 and on initial startup had no oil pressure, no oil to the rockers on top. tried a new oil pump. Then had a camshaft on order when someone recommended putting a pan...
  12. P

    Camshaft

    May have one on the shelf. Left over from redoing my farmall 544 several years ago. will need to check the part number to see if it is the same for a 2544, C200 engine. In southwestern Pa if you're close.
  13. P

    Corn Germination Problem

    Last seed treatment I could get was called Lattitude, came in a little pop top can. Don't know if it is still available. No-till planting in sod we used a granular insecticide in applicator boxes on planter, think it was Lorsban, haven't used it for several years either. Don't seem to need it if...
  14. P

    Anyone know about AGKITS?

    Would be nice if was closer. Not much of a road warrior here, that would take me 2 days at least.
Yesterday's Tractor Forums

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back
Top