Recent content by pcweber

  1. P

    Is there also a Hyd fluid screen under seat on a 2404?

    I know there is a filter in the housing by the pump but I read about some models also having a screen in the trans housing under seat. Anyone know if that is case on a 2404/ 404?
  2. P

    IH 2404 weak/ no power steering

    can you explain more on the priority valve topic? Is that the unit under the steering wheel?
  3. P

    IH 2404 weak/ no power steering

    I picked up a 2404 with loader. The power steering work barely if you turn the wheel slowly/ lightly. If you turn it fast/ sharply there is no PS and turns VERY hard. It has a slave cylinder that push/ pulls on the tie rods. This is the first industrial type tractor I have had. It has a direct...
  4. P

    630 COM

    So, given you sound green to old Cases and you said son... Be careful with that 630 and a young operator. Given this info said in previous posts the brakes need to be in decent working order on these COM's unless you live on very flat ground. It is not an optimal 1st tractor for a boy to learn...
  5. P

    630 COM

    and a lot of the did roll away...
  6. P

    new 630 Diesel

    I heard years ago to soak they cylinders in Coca cola. for weeks/ months...
  7. P

    Cats have it made

    we have lived on 2 acreages for a total of 23 years. 1 time at each acreage we went without a cat over the winter. At both places the mice ramped up SIGNIFICANT in the house. The house we have now is 6 BR and 4,300 sq feet walk out basement. I have not seen signs of a mouse for years. I let him...
  8. P

    Melvin Bennett

    Wow, amazing to have worked at the same place 52 years. Well done Mel!
  9. P

    811b guy says slips, wont pull. that cause COM wont lock?

    I never went and looked at it. I just was going by what he said on the phone. He just wanted it gone. Said it wont pull anymore, etc. Ends up he is 3 hours away so I am going to pass. He wanted $800 and was gunna junk it if someone didn't take it. He was in no mood to help someone diagnose it as...
  10. P

    Cool picture

    You've got yourself a slice of paradise with that place, good wife that wants to take a pic of the old man playing on the tractor, in laws close by, etc. Don't mess it up.
  11. P

    Cool picture

    dont look like the countryside here in Nebraska. Is that the road you live on or part of your driveway you are coming up to on the tractor? We have ditches, dam deep ditches along country roads and even most drives.
  12. P

    811b guy says slips, wont pull. that cause COM wont lock?

    My 611B with the COM lever up under load kinda acts like it slips under load but when you pull the lever down it locks solid. Is that normal how they work? So A guy has an 811B. said it just slips, wont pull. Would that likely be the COM wont lock in? I may go look at it this weekend.
  13. P

    611 ignition key, where to order one?

    no, that split key is not it. OK, may be time for a new ignition... or wait a little longer to run across it. Getting old, forgetting where I put things...
  14. P

    611 ignition key, where to order one?

    anther try at the pic... This look familiar?
  15. P

    611 ignition key, where to order one?

    OK, here is my turn at drawing it from what I recall.
Yesterday's Tractor Forums

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back
Top