Recent content by redrooster888

  1. R

    Ford 3000 diesel power loss

    That was suppose to be rpm's and reseated the valves.
  2. R

    Ford 3000 diesel power loss

    I replaced the filter yesterday and the flow is really good. I found part of the problem with power loss was the throttle arm on the pump had slipped. I adjusted it and have ram's over 1800 again like before but it still doesn't want to crank when hot without a shot of ether. I have just done...
  3. R

    Ford 3000 diesel power loss

    When I say it won`t crank when hot , I mean it turns over good but does not start. It was not a napa filter, Wix filter. When I loosen line at pump coming from filter I get a 1/8 inch flow or better. I am going to change the fuel filter again and will check flow to filter. I have not checked it...
  4. R

    Ford 3000 diesel power loss

    I just replaced it with a new one. Flow seems good. Tractor had been sitting for years. I cleaned the tank and replaced screen and filter. I am going to replace filter again.
  5. R

    Ford 3000 diesel power loss

    Your correct that the tractor looses power when it gets heated up. And will not crank once I cut it off. It is a CAV Pump. I will try the water trick to see if it will crank.
  6. R

    Ford 3000 diesel power loss

    I took the cap off while it was running to check the return. It had a small stream coming out. Also cracked lines to injectors. Each one affected the running dramatically.
  7. R

    Ford 3000 diesel power loss

    Tractor cranks and runs good but after about 30 minutes of operation it starts loosing power. If I cut it off it won't crank till it sits a while. It's not running hot. Could it be the injector pump?
  8. R

    Ford 3000 Rebuild

    I purchased this tractor several months ago. The engine was seized. I have done a in frame rebuild with new pistons and rings and bearings. I also reseated the valves and replaced seals. I replaced injectors and replaced gasket and orings on the cav injector pump. It cranked and run smoothly. I...
  9. R

    Ford 3000 Diesel No fluid to Injectors

    Thanks for the advice Ultra dog, I actually put some Marvin's mystery oil in the cylinder after I got it broke loose. I was considering pulling it off to see if it might crank if the engine was turning over lots faster.
  10. R

    Ford 3000 Diesel No fluid to Injectors

    Thanks for the info. I didn't check the valve lash. The motor was seized when I bought it. Previous owner had pulled it on highway trying to break the engine loose but was unsuccessful. I bought it and pulled the lifters and soaked the cylinders with Pb blaster. It turned loose pretty easily...
  11. R

    Ford 3000 Diesel No fluid to Injectors

    Update, I pulled the injectors today and checked compression. Starter may be dragging some but I only got 160 on 2 cylinders and only 90 on the #1 cylinder. Next question , What are the opinions of pulling the head and oil pan and doing a basic in-frame overhaul ?
  12. R

    Ford 3000 Diesel No fluid to Injectors

    Tried the other battery but it didn`t help. It turns over about the same as my old tractor. I have ordered injectors. Will change them out later in the week and check compression and update my results.
  13. R

    Ford 3000 Diesel No fluid to Injectors

    With no smoke is why I thought injectors might be clogged. It turns over with starter and sounds like there is good compression. Doesn't turn over extremely fast. Think I will take the battery I t of my other 3000 and see if it will turn it faster.
  14. R

    Ford 3000 Diesel No fluid to Injectors

    I also pulled the oil pan when it was seized to make sure nothing was broken. I talked to the last one to use the tractor and was running perfect when parked.
  15. R

    Ford 3000 Diesel No fluid to Injectors

    There is no smoke, the engine was seized when I bought it. I pulled the injectors and soaked it with pb blaster. It broke loose fairly easy rocking the rear tire. I guess next on the list is to pull the injectors and check each cylinders compression. What range should they be? Also when I...
Yesterday's Tractor Forums

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back
Top