Recent content by RTR

  1. R

    Sheeting a (faux) Tin Roof Straight

    I am using screws. I think Kevin could make short work of this! I am just about done worrying over it. Maybe he will find a tractor to buy up this way soon....
  2. R

    Sheeting a (faux) Tin Roof Straight

    I'm not that far - just Florence. We have the Alabama Music Hall of Fame and Fame Studios here. I also have tractor parts I can trade! haha. I spent 2-1/2 hrs last night and didn't make any progress. I did mount that piece back on the wall 1 inch lower, but I'm still scratching my head. It is...
  3. R

    Sheeting a (faux) Tin Roof Straight

    Current situation. Trying to move this section down an inch so it is level with other side once the hip purlins are installed. Not so easy getting this in place and screwing down by myself
  4. R

    Sheeting a (faux) Tin Roof Straight

    Shelving will not stay there
  5. R

    Sheeting a (faux) Tin Roof Straight

    I think I am going to try to cut my cardboard pieces the same size as the tin so I will have a template so to speak.
  6. R

    Sheeting a (faux) Tin Roof Straight

    Makes sense to put it up long and cut afterwards. I will remove it and run my thin boards across, sheet it with cardboard, then can put it back up so the vertical position matches.
  7. R

    Sheeting a (faux) Tin Roof Straight

    run the tin long enough and cut it off something like this. But my problem now is the boards that I will screw the tin to in the corner don't seem to be fitting right. Not sure why it is so far above the rest.
  8. R

    Sheeting a (faux) Tin Roof Straight

    I made the one roof shorter becuase of my door and after I did that I like it because I think it will help with keeping that corner out of the way walking around. It "shaves" it off. I really wanted to run my tin all the way across and cut it at an angle in that corner (hip). Then run the other...
  9. R

    Sheeting a (faux) Tin Roof Straight

    I got back on this and here is what I’ve completed. It appears that it is going to have to be mounted much lower?? When I layed the thin strip of wood up there to see how it would lay out, it looks like it is too high. I measured the 2 support 2x4s on either side of the corner and made the...
  10. R

    Sheeting a (faux) Tin Roof Straight

    I like the way that looks.
  11. R

    Sheeting a (faux) Tin Roof Straight

    As far as the screws to hold it down goes, I can always get new ones and throw them in some muriatic acid for a few minutes to rust them up.
  12. R

    Sheeting a (faux) Tin Roof Straight

    Yes I meant to make them straight. at the outside visible edge. I feel like when cutting pieces, they can easily get crooked because they all will be short pieces cut to each spot. I got a small trailer load of the tin where my boss had a barn torn down. Alot of it is crinkled up like that but I...
  13. R

    Sheeting a (faux) Tin Roof Straight

    haha, I don't know everything and want it all to be a perfect as possible. I get stumped on stuff and never get it done.
  14. R

    Sheeting a (faux) Tin Roof Straight

    I thought about getting a nibbler but the grinder with that nice blade did really good.
  15. R

    Sheeting a (faux) Tin Roof Straight

    here is a few more.....
Yesterday's Tractor Forums

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back
Top