Recent content by Slewis51

  1. S

    Jubilee pto shaft replacement

    Soundguy is absolutely dead on--I replaced the shaft yesterday in less than 10 minutes! Parked on a slight slope, easily pulled out the old shaft, and the new one slid right in with just a little wiggling. Lost maybe a quarter of fluid. Thanks everyone for the advice--this forum is an...
  2. S

    Jubilee pto shaft replacement

    Based on the FO-19 shop manual diagram, there is a seal and a bushing at both ends of the shaft. The PTO shaft assembly I ordered from YT says it includes seals and sleeves. I think what I'll do is slope the tractor forward slightly, pull and replace the pto shaft, and then just check my fluid...
  3. S

    Jubilee pto shaft replacement

    I'm going to use the above advice and imagine all will go smoothly. A poster in another forum suggested engaging the pto lever before pulling out the shaft--says that will hold some sleeve in place on the transmission and "prevent it from falling off the shift fork". So I may do that...
  4. S

    Jubilee pto shaft replacement

    Ok, I'll try that. I'm a little leery of draining the hydraulics--just worried air might get into the system and cause a problem. Maybe an unrealistic concern tho. I really appreciate the knowledge of you board members. Thanks again!
  5. S

    Jubilee pto shaft replacement

    Thanks Ultra! I should get the new parts delivered by late this week and will hopefully get it on then. I think I caused the damage to the shaft by not being careful enough while bush hogging. I raised the mower up very quickly and too high, which put the hog's driveshaft in a bind. I quickly...
  6. S

    Jubilee pto shaft replacement

    Good afternoon --I'm a new member and am hoping someone can answer my question. I have a Ford Jubilee and need to replace the pto shaft because the splines at the output end of the shaft are damaged. I have ordered a new pto shaft assembly as well as a new "quick release" ORC. From what I've...
Yesterday's Tractor Forums

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back
Top