Recent content by SLWagner73

  1. J

    To35 piston pin bushing

    I purchased a to35 a while back that a guy had started rebuilding and didn't finish I've went through all the parts and the only thing missing was a wristpin bushing, I done a bit of research an there's two types I've found solid & split both I believe are.915od so I ordered a solid one to...
  2. S

    Hobby Hay Field

    So, as I have received so many great answers from all the helpful gents. on this site, I figured "who would know best?". I have a 2N, which, thanks to this site, is running just fine. So, I have two small fields that I mow now, and they produce really nice "hay". But I have no way to...
  3. S

    hyd top cover wont come off

    deene: Had the exact same problem a couple of months ago, cherry picker was literally lifting the whole tractor. I ended up using a larger pry bar at the back end, and it finally popped loose. I just put pressure on the hoist, put the pry bar at the back below the control spring housing and...
  4. S

    This tractor is making me feel dumb!

    JMOR: You, sir, are a genius! I did what you recommended, and after playing around and after going the wrong way, I finally got the lift to work. I didn't realize though, just how little play there is, (maybe 1/4"). However, I now have a worse problem, seeing as the arms come all the way...
  5. S

    This tractor is making me feel dumb!

    As it is trying to lift the implement, it is pulling the top linkage. So, as I turn the adjustable top link rod out, the lower arms will raise. But, like you stated, I have to take all the pulling pressure off of the top link, the one with the spring on it. This is happening with all of my...
  6. S

    This tractor is making me feel dumb!

    Well, I will sure try that, but what would you think could cause it? Any idea why? Could I have put something back together wrong?
  7. S

    This tractor is making me feel dumb!

    Well, I will sure try that, but what would you think could cause it? Any idea why? Could I have put something back together wrong?
  8. S

    This tractor is making me feel dumb!

    So, on my 2n I have replaced the safety valve, put a new piston and o-ring, with the backer in correctly. And finally, after some helpful advise from some gentlemen on here, got the silly control valve back on the arms. I put everything back together, and voila, the arms come up nice and...
  9. S

    Rehooking the control valve.

    So, all you guys who have done this a million times, is there any "easy" way to re-attach the control valve to the arms? I've been at it for over an hour, and I'm getting my butt kicked!
  10. S

    Why haven't I seen this anywhere else?

    Tim, I can't find a way to email you from your profile. It also won't let me PM you.
  11. S

    Why haven't I seen this anywhere else?

    Okay guys, I haven't seen this on anyone else's pictures, or any of the books. Is this just an add on?[/list]
  12. S

    So, WHAT am I missing?

    Gentlemen, I am lost. I have followed all the instructions in the service manual to remove the lift cover, and after hooking up the engine hoist, all I am doing is lifting the whole tractor off the ground. With the exception of the bolts that ring the cover, is there anything else that would...
  13. S

    Another dumb hydraulic question.

    And there in lies the question, do I order a safety valve, a pump kit, piston rings? What should I start with in the parts department? I plan to order the parts just as soon as I know what to get. Should I tear it down first? Or just order rebuild kits and misc. parts?
  14. S

    Another dumb hydraulic question.

    So, my arms won't lift, and after pulling the inspection cover, I'm lost. There is oil seeping out of the front of the ram on top, and the oil is gurgling around inside of the pump. So, I looked at the pictures and read the chapter in the FO-4 manual, and I'm still lost. Would I be further...
  15. S

    Water pump pully wobble

    Well, I have the pump off of the tractor, the pulley (finally) off of the pump, Harbor Freight gear puller to the rescue, and for the life of me, I cannot get the impeller and shaft to come apart from the bearing and housing. I can't seem to find any type of keeper or snap ring that would retain...
Yesterday's Tractor Forums

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back
Top