Recent content by speedycorndog

  1. S

    4230 Post Pounder Hydraulic Setup

    Thank you, just to be sure, is this the plug you’re referring to?
  2. S

    4230 Hydraulic Top Link

    I'm not able to find a hydraulic top link for a 4230, is there a reason there wouldn't be one? The tractor side seems to have a pin size that's not compatible with any of the standard cat sizes. Anybody use a hyd top link on a 4230?
  3. S

    4230 Post Pounder Hydraulic Setup

    Thank you for the response. I already have PBY on the LH SCV being used for loader. Can/Should I put a PBY on RH side for the PP or is powering from the SCV fine? I'm not really wanting to run it to the filter housing, is the side port of the SCV a good place? Can both return lines go the...
  4. S

    4230 Post Pounder Hydraulic Setup

    Hello, I have a Munroe post driver like this: pic of driver. It's currently configured for open center hydraulics but I run it on a 4230 powershift. My local hydraulics shop said it's fine to run this way as long as oil doesn't overheat. It has 2 return hoses, one goes to SCV and the other is...
  5. S

    float on a 158 loader 4230 tractor

    Thanks guys, I'll switch it around. The joystick works correctly so someone must have switched the control cables and hoses for some reason.
  6. S

    float on a 158 loader 4230 tractor

    Hello, I have a 158 loader on a 4230 tractor. The bucket will float but the loader arms do not float. Should both be able to float? Attached is a screenshot of the spool. Any help is appreciated
  7. S

    4230 PTO and Reverse Issues

    Thanks for the tips on checking reverse. I'm expecting the worst, read that for powershift the cab has to come off and powertrain taken apart into 3 pieces. This post was edited by speedycorndog on 01/03/2023 at 08:36 am.
  8. S

    4230 PTO and Reverse Issues

    I did change the filters, but think I'll also change oil and do another filter change. How do I check the intake screen? This post was edited by speedycorndog on 01/03/2023 at 08:37 am.
  9. S

    4230 PTO and Reverse Issues

    I've never noticed it that way and looking back on how I use it I can't say for sure. If it's not a lot of snow the PTO will slow down but the tractor doesn't stop before I stop PTO and apply clutch. If it's a large amount of snow the blower will stop, and tractor movement stops but I apply...
  10. S

    4230 PTO and Reverse Issues

    Powershift Transmission. The PTO spins but bogs down easy. Only PTO implement I use is snowblower and it doesn't take much snow to cause blower to stop the PTO. Engine does not bog down. Reverse gears take several attempts to engage. Once they engage it works fine and forward gears all...
Yesterday's Tractor Forums

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back
Top