Recent content by stoneridge

  1. S

    D-4 parts machine question?

    I managed to find a used shaft locally, appreciate the info though. Honestly I'd rather buy parts than have a machine in the yard. Think your comment about the value of your time is good one. Local guy has a collection of d-4's and is happy to share advice and sell the odd part. He said the same...
  2. S

    D-4 parts machine question?

    Have a 1952 D-4 and broke the shaft that goes from the crank through the clutch. Looking for parts and found a running 1947 D-4. Will most parts interchange, powertrain, undercarriage etc.. is it worth buying as parts machine? Is this shaft available new? any idea what they cost?
  3. S

    D4 cat 7U clutch rattle

    Thanks, that sounds like the problem. Ordered an SRB on line. Old machine but in good shape so I'll do my best to keep it that way.
  4. S

    D4 cat 7U clutch rattle

    Thanks, will be back once I get a look inside.
  5. S

    D4 cat 7U clutch rattle

    I'll try track down an SRB. The plate the clutch cams press against is moving around in relation to the plates(disc) closer to engine.
  6. S

    D4 cat 7U clutch rattle

    on further inspection the flywheel is loose and flops when you engage the clutch. Does this support your pilot bearing theory? I guess I'll have to pull out the clutch, do you know if it can come out the bottom of bellhousing if I remove the stump pan? I only have a parts catalog for a...
  7. S

    D4 cat 7U clutch rattle

    how can I check this?
  8. S

    D4 cat 7U clutch rattle

    Was pushing brush and suddenly got a loud rattle from clutch housing. Managed to return to my truck but clutch was not engaging or disengaging properly. Removed the top cover over clutch housing and at idle the yoke assembly was vibrating wildly. if I pushed the clutch lever fully forward the...
  9. S

    4430 hyd chatter

    it is a quad range, loader hoses are connected to scv's when in use,no joystick. The chatter occurs as soon as tractor is started,sitting still continues even if you raise RPM. don't run any motors etc.. only the loader and a 567 bale. door opens and closes very slowly. The door on baler will...
  10. S

    4430 hyd chatter

    chatter is happening almost all the time, even when parked and idling and loader not on tractor. seems to be the line that comes out of tranny and goes to scv casting. I think this tracks with the suggestion the O-rings are worn inside the trans that supply the pump. Neighbour ran lines right...
  11. S

    4430 hyd chatter

    run a 4430 on a baler and loader. the hyds chatter and are very slow. was told I could run a line from the main pump directly back to spools and it will help with both problems. it takes the supply pump in trans out of the loop.any idea if this works or is a bad idea? was also told it could be...
  12. S

    john deere 567 baler error E2 04

    don't you have to id monitor to "new baler"
  13. S

    john deere 567 baler error E2 04

    I have 2 567's could swap them , never occurred to me. the power comes right from starter.
  14. S

    john deere 567 baler error E2 04

    Book says this error code means a short in twine actuator harness. I peeled the plastic cover off all the wiring and tracked it back to actuator, no bare/broken /damaged wire. Used the bypass for the manual switch to control actuator and it works fine. could this be a glitching monitor? Also...
  15. S

    350 case-leaking final drive

    Am looking at a 350 crawler loader. looks ok but there is oil on the outside of left rear sprocket. hasn't been used for years. Is this a sign of a major problem in final drive or just a seal. If you tighten the nut on the outside of sprocket will it snug up the leaking seal? doesn't seem to...
Yesterday's Tractor Forums

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back
Top