Recent content by tall german

  1. T

    jd highcrop 70 brakes

    In the John Deere 70 High Crop, the brake units are driven by a chain mechanism. Unlike standard tractors where the brake drums are driven by a gear set, the JD 70 High Crop utilizes a chain to connect the drive shaft to the brake drums. This design results in the brake drums rotating in the...
  2. T

    jd highcrop 70 brakes

    In the John Deere 70 High Crop, the brake units are driven by a chain mechanism. Unlike standard tractors where the brake drums are driven by a gear set, the JD 70 High Crop utilizes a chain to connect the drive shaft to the brake drums. This design results in the brake drums rotating in the...
  3. T

    jd highcrop 70 brakes

    In the John Deere 70 High Crop, the brake units are driven by a chain mechanism. Unlike standard tractors where the brake drums are driven by a gear set, the JD 70 High Crop utilizes a chain to connect the drive shaft to the brake drums. This design results in the brake drums rotating in the...
  4. Event image

    Granite Threshing Bee

    FREE Threshing Bee
  5. T

    jd highcrop 70 brakes

    I had a JD highcrop 70 for a while and the right brake turned forward instead of backward instead of backwards like all the other 2 cylinder JD's. Why is that?
  6. T

    I have a question about a high crop 70 John Deere I owned once a long time ago for a short time...

    I have a question about a high crop 70 John Deere I owned once a long time ago for a short time. Its first use was on a mounted beet lifter in Minnesota. The right brake turned forward in stead of backwards like the usual two cylinder brakes. I was told that it was driven internally by a chain...
  7. T

    Never saw this before

    I saw another picture of this once at my tractor club. I think it was a Moline dealer in Arkansas that made 30 or 40 of these in his shop probably circa early 1950s. It was before any other 4 wheel articulated tractors. He used two U rear ends and an irrigation motor to join together and make...
  8. T

    Avery Ro-trak

    There is a guy that brings 2 of these to the Granite Threshing Bee by Sioux Falls, SD each year-one wide and one narrow front. Contact Darrel at [email protected] to get guys name-maybe he wants another for parts or add to his collection.
  9. T

    Mouse traps

    I haven't logged in for a while so I missed the beginning of this thread about a 5 gallon mouse trap so here's what I do. Where ever you have a mouse problem, set a 5 gallon pail with an inch or 2 of shelled corn in the bottom. Then set a yard stick against the top of the pail and the other end...
  10. T

    Porsche tractor

    Yes, this is exactly what it looked like. Thanks.
  11. T

    Porsche tractor

    I was at an event last week that had about 40 collector tractors in addition to everything else. There was a 1960's vintage Porsche diesel tractor that caught my eye as it looked very different from US made tractors. It appeared to be air cooled 3 cylinder but the really unusual thing about it...
  12. T

    OT: Roundup Ready sweet corn

    Check with your DeKalb dealer. Mine will give me a bag with about three hands full of seed free. Of course, I buy $8,000.00 worth of field corn from him.
  13. T

    a4t

    When Agco was merging Minneapolis Moline, Cockshutt, and Oliver together under the White umbrella in the early 1970's, it looks like you could get the same tractor from each of the three companies with just a different color scheme. I looked on the net to find an A4T articulated four wheel drive...
  14. T

    One for the corn crib guys

    My Dad built two Behlen cribs that look like this in 1954. Shortly after that Behlen made their cribs with steeper roofs so you could put more corn in.
  15. T

    Ever try to sell used disc blades?

    I read your post on old disc blades. I made yard art for a while. I cut disc blades in thirds and used them for sunflower leaves welded to a tee post. I made the flowers out of cultivator rolling shields. Ladies went wild for them.
Yesterday's Tractor Forums

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back
Top