Recent content by Texasmark

  1. T

    No one is paying attention at these tractor shows (Ha Ha!)....

    On spectators attending events, Saturday is the day for sports on the TV and the camera scans the spectators at baseball games........few are paying attention. I wonder why they go to the expense and trouble to go to the game if they aren't interested.......and the stands are packed with...
  2. T

    Hay as a Profitable Endeavor

    Several people around here mow the highway right-of-ways. I used to be against that but with today's clean fuels I could consider it and feeding it to my animals...if I still had any.
  3. T

    Tough weed

    Wow what a mess. The directions on the Glyphosate container tell you that using a "surfactant" (soap) improves the ability of the material to kill the plant.....surfactants are cheap, takes like 20% with 80% Glyphosate making up the 2 or more % of the mix added to 98% water......all on/attached...
  4. T

    Levanna Road news

    I fill up Propane in September even though I don't use it till later in the year. In talking to a distributor when filling my tanks, he said that the winter price takes over in October. I don't know the ins and outs of Propane procurement/production so I can't figure how the cost is almost...
  5. T

    Cutting wire covered propane hose

    What you are doing (have done) is exactly what I was going to recommend so I can't help you. On that disc you mentioned, I use it a lot rather than other types of metal cutting.....real handy and effortless.
  6. T

    Dust

    Never even consider it.
  7. T

    Hay as a Profitable Endeavor

    Well I'm South of you and my weather report seems to let me have your leftovers....some said to expect heavy rain. I have cracks in my clay that you can get your foot caught in. With the ground opened up like that the "heavy rain" if it materializes, will be there for next years summer crop of...
  8. T

    El Nino?

    Here in N. Tx. i'm not preparing the field that I usually prepare for a spring hay harvest....last 4 years have been wet up into June and that's too late for the quality of crop I usually bale.....besides that's when the summer crop is getting going.
  9. T

    Hay as a Profitable Endeavor

    I saw some of the tiny squares in a farm store awhile back. The thing that got my attention is the size and the price....I think I recall $24.....set my mind to wondering, what heck is in that bundle to warrant that kind of a price?
  10. T

    Rain gutter.

    Maybe if you buy them at the big box store and have help. If you hire a company you'd better have deep pockets......I don't know what I was thinking when I had a set installed.
  11. T

    Loaded Tires

    My 4020 had 18.4 x 38s as well as my 4230. The 4010 had that smaller tire. Other question is what is the liquid fill level? Need some room for some air to pump up the tire....I think the published preference is slightly above the axle with the tire mounted on the tractor.
  12. T

    Hay as a Profitable Endeavor

    "Wanna do hay???? Do it to feed your own animals." There was a problem with that. I wanted to do both but my operation was too small for the head I was carrying to be able to have anything to bale....so it was buy. Sold the herd and then could do hay.....but had no stock to feed it to...
  13. T

    Hay as a Profitable Endeavor

    A bit of humor. When I moved out into the country money was short as there were so many places for it to go. I bought some Nubian goats and put them out in a field and expected them to eat out there....had an electric fence but forget the design. Problem I had was they liked the wife's...
  14. T

    Hay as a Profitable Endeavor

    Along those lines, early on in my "farming experience" I had a good field of hay and an approaching storm. Didn't want it to get rained on. I didn't realize what happens to haying when the sun goes down. The square bales I put up during the earlier part of the day were fine. The stuff I put...
  15. T

    Rain gutter.

    Lot of Flex Seal ads on the TV. What they leave out is coverage area per can and cost. Some are hilarious. There are 2 kinds of roofing "tar" that I have used over the years.....a paste and a thick liquid. Price is low compared to effectiveness and area covered per $$$. Get out an old 4"...
Yesterday's Tractor Forums

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back
Top