Recent content by twjanak84

  1. T

    New Holland 489 Knife to Wobble Arm Connection

    Thank you. I'll take it apart and investigate after I get this cutting rolled up.
  2. T

    New Holland 489 Knife to Wobble Arm Connection

    Thank you. So the bolt then is a snug enough fit in the bushing so as not to wear quickly? Or does the bolt clamp the 37a part (knife bushing) in the diagram tight against the bushing in the arm that there is no lateral movement? I just don't see how this doesn't slop out again side to side...
  3. T

    New Holland 489 Knife to Wobble Arm Connection

    How exactly is the connection supposed to be made between the knife head bushing and the pitman arm on the wobble box? I don't believe mine is set up as originally intended. The hole is my arm is wore out so I'm contemplating rebuilding it. I don't understand how the bolt and bushing are...
  4. T

    Farmall C Steering U Joint

    matthies, thanks, the 5-92 fit. I bought the SKF version at Napa for $18. They (SKF) list the inside lock up dimension which is what you need to get the correct joint since it's an inside snap ring. If I remember correctly, the joint on this site just lists overall width and cap diameter. It...
  5. T

    Farmall C Steering U Joint

    Been super busy so not much time to clean this up and disassemble, but it looks like the forward yoke must be welded to the shaft given its proximity to that shaft mount/bushing. Just curious, why would I need to replace the entire joint? There must be a spider out there that will fit. Maybe it...
  6. T

    Farmall C Steering U Joint

    New member here. Read this forum a lot for info but can't find an answer to this question. The rearward steering u joint spider is toast on my '49 C. Is there a way to look up a part number for this? I'd remove mine and take measurements to match up but it's so trashed I couldn't get good...
Yesterday's Tractor Forums

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back
Top