Recent content by up4fishin

  1. U

    ATV starter question

    I know everyone loves an update... In the interest of time, I decided to go with a new starter. Bought one off of eBay, and it was here in a couple days. Changing out the old one was pretty straightforward. New starter did the trick--starts right up now every time.
  2. U

    ATV starter question

    definitely starts right up. i'll see how easy it is to take off and take apart. thanks.
  3. U

    Need Wisdom Of The Wise and Experienced

    My neighbors (moved here from the city) did exactly what you propose (used 5/4 treated pine decking boards for their horse fence). it didn't last 2 years with all the warping, twisting, and cracking. that was even after they spent a lot of time and money sealing and staining the wood.
  4. U

    ATV starter question

    thanks for quick answer. looks like eBay has fix-it kits for about $25. new starters currently for sale are $49, $60, $143, and $200. why the HUGE price range?
  5. U

    ATV starter question

    i have a honda 350 ATV that i"m trying to diagnose a starting problem. background... push the starter button and all you get is a click. no turning of the starter. battery was original (8 years old; i"m told 2-3 is good for an ATV), so i figured that *had* to be the problem. it was not...
  6. U

    JD 770 just died

    Thanks to all for the help. The electrical-oriented post got me thinking, so I started at the most basic level by checking the fuses. I have not located a diagram of the box, so I just pulled them one at a time. The 3 AMP fuse one up from the bottom on the left side of the box was blown. I...
  7. U

    JD 770 just died

    Thanks for your quick reply. You might be on to something--ok here goes... I short cut my inital post to keep it short and simple. The full story (back to the "you might be on to something") is that the battery was dead and I jump started it to get it going. Prior to that, I had been...
  8. U

    JD 770 just died

    I'd appreciate some help on where to start... I just started my JD 770 after a couple months of non-use, and as usual it ran very strong. It has always started right up and has never run rough. It ran for about 5 minutes, and as I was backing up to drop the bush hog, it just died. I pulled the...
Yesterday's Tractor Forums

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back
Top