Recent content by valve guy

  1. V

    1956 420W clutch question

    I've got a '56 420W with a clutch/PTO issue. A mechanic buddy and I are going to tackle my issues this winter, I have on order my parts manual and service manual. Will I need to split the tractor to get to the clutch? I think my issues may be related. My tractor seems to grind shifting...
  2. V

    '56 420W pto problem

    question about broken coupler answer. when i hear broken that sounds to me like wont work. given my pto seems to work without a load, that sounds like clutch or worn. can you please explain further?
  3. V

    '56 420W pto problem

    ok, not live, thats fine. with a load on pto it wont spin, unloaded it will spin. thoughts?
  4. V

    '56 420W pto problem

    new to me 420. i bought it and pto shaft rotated slowly while disengaged. engage pto and it spun up to what appeared to be 540 rpms. bring it home, attach bushhog and the pto lever wont engage and makes a grinding sound. disengage output shaft to the bushhog and the pto on the tractor...
  5. V

    2510 3-point lift lever

    1967 JD 2510 gas tractor. While mowing using a a brush hog attached to 3-point I was unable to move the 3-point lift handle on the dash past 1/2 way up. There is something mechanically limiting the lever from moving, I"m guessing it"s under the dashboard. Is the best approach, to remove the...
  6. V

    Campbell MN Auction, Auctioneer Issues

    That does sound blatantly wrong. I would have been upset with that too. If this was happening repeatedly, I might have been tempted to ask "what the he** is going on!?!? " while they wait for my return bid...."is this a ring man helping bidders, or is he here only to jack me!!!!" Of course...
  7. V

    Campbell MN Auction, Auctioneer Issues

    I find it comforting trying to remember who the auctioneer is working for. Make no mistake, his job is to make you spend as much as he possibly can. He is absolutely horrified at the thought of the item selling under the money. If you keep bidding, against the mysterious ringman or a...
  8. V

    John Deere H

    That little tractor is very easy on the eyes. Never too many photos of the JD H.
  9. V

    What would you describe as rare?

    Monclova
  10. V

    What would you describe as rare?

    Sometimes I see incredible detail added to a tractor description...." 730 all fuel, no 3pt, only 7 delivered to Lucas county Ohio". Is that rare?
  11. V

    John Deere 4010 w/46a loader, What is it Worth?

    3 years ago I bought a '67 2510 gas with 46a loader for $4800. Tires were 40%, tractor runs fine,3700 hours on working tach. I'm happy with my purchase.
  12. V

    Ford 655D backhow question

    You nailed it. The spool's boogered up pretty bad. Any ideas on finding a good salvage yard with this. I'm finding absolutely obscene prices for replacement. THX !
  13. V

    '67 2510 gas with fuel in oil

    Perfect, Thank You!
  14. V

    '67 2510 gas with fuel in oil

    Thanks for your replies. Is there a ball valve/ petcock to close before changing out the pump? Is there a technique to use that allows me to not dump a full fuel tank?
  15. V

    Ford 655D backhow question

    Thx! I hoped it could be something like that, the issue was definitely related.
Yesterday's Tractor Forums

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back
Top