Recent content by Wyman861

  1. W

    Ignition problems 860

    I agree with Old. Where the wire comes into the distributor from the coil may be touching metal inside the distributor. I had one where the connector had broken and someone added another connector on top of it. The bottom one was touching the inside of the distributor.
  2. W

    Still can't get Ford 4000 above 1500 RPM

    Check the Valve adjustments. If your intakes are opening the same time as the exhaust you will run low RPMs it happened to me. I removed and had my pump rebuilt and still had the same issue until I adjusted the valves.
  3. W

    Ford 4000 diesel engine won't go above 1500 RPM

    I had the same type of issue with a 1965 4000 diesel. After rebuilding the fuel pump I adjusted the valves correctly and it runs great. May not be your issue as it started and ran correctly after working on it. There is good links on here that will help adjust the valves Good Luck Wyman
  4. W

    A note for Bern

    Thank you for all of your help. I was having trouble with getting my 4000 diesel started after overhaul. I posted about the lines being crossed and not knowing what to do. I finally removed the lines and the injectors and sent them to a diesel repair shop. The injectors were fine but the...
  5. W

    1965 4000 Piping Diagram from Pump to injectors

    The piping is right. I have some fuel spitting from each injector, The tractor will start and run at real low RPMs will not speed up when I increase the accelerator. There is a diesel knock to the engine. I did buy the tractor cheap with a knock. I did start it before I tore it down. It...
  6. W

    3000 ford compression test

    Choke will kill it new Coil plugs, wires, points condensor, Rebuilt the holly carb. The govenor seems to be very loose and when it misses it seems to get lost.I need to mark the timing mark and set it. The exhaust does run hot.
  7. W

    3000 ford compression test

    I had to beat the pistons out of the stuck engine. Installed new rings and bearings. Cleaned everything up. Wire brushed the head made sure valves were moving. It now has a miss ran compression test all cylinders pump up to 150. #2 bleeds off quickly I added some oil and it held. Sounds...
  8. W

    Ford 800 series Grill

    contact Rippees tractor in Farmington Mo 573 431-5939
  9. W

    getting an early start

    Make sure the wire running from your coil down to the distributer is connected properly. Check the connection inside the distributor, I had an 850 positive ground that was shorting inside the distributor. Would not hit a lick.
  10. W

    801 won't start

    Check the wire on the side of the distributor. Make sure it is connected well. I had a problem with my 850 -ground found someone had broken the wire inside the distributor and left the old tab on it that was grounded to the distributor.
Yesterday's Tractor Forums

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back
Top