Heavy duty ornamental windmills

I was at a farm show several years ago where there was a heavy duty ornamental windmill guaranteed to stand up to 90 mph winds. Galvanized was I believe around $800 while painted was around $1200. I have searched the internet but can not find one that is of quality and price.

I was at a farm show several years ago where there was a heavy duty ornamental windmill guaranteed to stand up to 90 mph winds. Galvanized was I believe around $800 while painted was around $1200. I have searched the internet but can not find one that is of quality and price.
Almost certainly one of the Joe Mescan/American Eagle windmills. The price and rating sound about right, and he has them at several farm shows (and featured in the Farm Show magazine). We have one by our large pond with both an aerator and a water pump setup. Dad had to drive down the Joe's shop across the border to pick it up because he doesn't ship to Canada. Decent unit for the price. I've had to make a few new parts for the aeration pump over the years, but it's a very simple/easy to work on design.

I can’t help the OP here, but my mom has an ornamental windmill in her yard that was manufactured by Tommy Gate. Yes , it’s the same company that makes the lifts for the back of your truck. After a tornado went through her yard, the blades were destroyed. I contacted the company for a replacement and was told “they are currently out of stock, but more will be made soon.” The next time I called them, I was directed to an outside source that makes it for them, but, again, “We are out of stock, but will make more soon.” The next time I called them, the company had been sold, moved, and the kid answering the phone had no clue that Tommy Gate had ever made ornamental windmills.

"Heavy duty" and "ornamental" in the same sentence, that's CUTE! (SORRY!)

Don't know who built them but used to be some around (sold at farm and garden stores) but they have died out as of late. Also used to see some 6 ft real ones (Aermotor) on like 20 foot tower

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back