MM 445 Speedometer

Our Phone System is Down!

Please use the Contact us Form

We are working to resolve the issue ASAP! Thanks for your patience!

DSB

New User
I replaced the speedometer on my Minneapolis Moline 445, but it reads about 20% as fast as it should. Shows about 4 mph at full speed on the road. Stiener sent a replacement gauge cluster, but it works the same way. Any suggestions? Dave

I replaced the speedometer on my Minneapolis Moline 445, but it reads about 20% as fast as it should. Shows about 4 mph at full speed on the road. Stiener sent a replacement gauge cluster, but it works the same way. Any suggestions? Dave
Perhaps call Steiner vs. posting about their parts on the website of their competitor, Parts ASAP?;)

I just put a new tachometer in a Ford 8N, just like yours probably 5-600 rpms to fast. China junk!

Reactions: DSB
Do you still have your old speedometer??? Mail it in and have it rebuilt. Try, Nick Barbieri , New York 516-221-4116; Try Bobs SpeedOmeter Michigan; 800-592-9673....

I had the same experience with steiner on a 445. I think they are made with incorrect mechanism for the speedometer. Yours reads the same as the 2 I tried so they are consistant. Most of those tractors have the speedometer drive stuck/gear stripped on the brake cover, so they don't get many complaints because they don't work anyway.

I had the same experience with steiner on a 445. I think they are made with incorrect mechanism for the speedometer. Yours reads the same as the 2 I tried so they are consistant. Most of those tractors have the speedometer drive stuck/gear stripped on the brake cover, so they don't get many complaints because they don't work anyway.
I asked Steiner to consult with their supplier, but they don't release info on their suppliers. It comes from Wisconsin.

Getting the original fixed would probably be the best approach, it could be quite expensive considering the size of the gauge cluster. Speedo correction These speedometer corrections gear boxes may be an option to correct the problem. I have no idea what they charge. FYI, connecting these gear box in the cable in the opposite direction provides a speed reduction. Since their website does not show a photo I can only assume the boxes will look something like this. Example I just know these exist because they were commonly used on 70s and 80s GM vehicles mainly trucks. It is unfortunate you would need to spend additional funds to correct a problem that should not exist.

Last edited:
Never figured out the reason for having a speedometer on those in the first place! It's not like you're going to be driving it on the freeway.
Other than having it working because it's on there, I see no reason to be concerned about it.
I put a new gauge cluster on my 445 a while back, and neither the speedometer or the tach works on that one either. I may look into it at some point, but so far it hasn't made it to the top of the list.

I have no dog in the fight, but, it is nice to WARN other possible consumers that a product billed as a replacement is NOT a reasonable replacement. I for one am happy to have seen this as I will not purchase that unit from that supplier, who will not name its supplier because it is from a far off land, more than likely. jmo gobble

I asked Steiner to consult with their supplier, but they don't release info on their suppliers. It comes from Wisconsin.
They are around Milwaukee somewhere if I remember right. They used to sell on e**y before steiner started selling them.

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back