10-20 price

350 dave

Member
just curious what you all think, I have located a 10-20 that is complete, but has been out side for ever. Mag, fenders, seat, radiator carb, draw bar, wheel weights, gas tank, air cleaner. It is all there. On rubber all around:which is shot. Engine is stuck as you would expect. It was parked out in back when the new H came home and not moved since.

what is it worth as it sits ?

I do not need another project, but......

thanks
 
Realistically, considering the engine is stuck and tires are shot, it is worth scrap price, and with that being very low right now, that would amount to $50 to $100.

I have personally bought two different 10-20s with LOOSE engines, I gave $300 for one and $400 for the other.
 
Not worth much considering you can buy a running 10-20 very easily for 1000 so like Nebraska Kirk says scrap price maybe little extra if better than average otherwise leave it there for another 50 years
 
(quoted from post at 19:59:07 12/19/15) It depends on how attached the owner is to it. I have a 10-20 I would not sell it for $10,000.
And you'll get to keep it. There are plenty of others out there that aren't that attached to their 10-20s.

As far as this particular tractor goes, it is worth the value of whatever individual parts can be salvaged (as listed in the first post). The rest is scrap, which is barely worth hauling in.
 
Like others said, it is a "Parts Tractor." Add up the useful parts you might need (PTO, Pulley, Crank, Manifold, Carb, etc.) and salvage weight. That is its value.

PS: There will always be a need for a parts tractor for any project. It is much easier to go out behind the barn and get the "Piece" you need than to order it on line or bid for it on E-Bay. In other words, if you can get it cheap, buy it for the parts that you will need for the other 10-20 you will be restoring.
 
It depends on your location too. I know in my area (CT/New England) everything is a bit more expensive. Where you could buy a running 10-20 out west for $1000 I've seen them go in the same condition for 2000-3000. In this area for the condition it's in I wouldn't pay more than $500 for what you described. If the tin, gas tank, and all is it really god shape maybe a little bit more. If you're farther out west I'd say probably between $200-400 depending on your area and how bad you want it. Also depends if you want it for parts or to restore. If you want to restore, the fact that it is complete is a plus, but the tires being shot not so much. Are the rims any good? That also plays a factor.

Do you have any pictures you can post? Would be nice and might help to be able to see it too.

I know I almost bought a 10-20 that was loose on perfect steel a few years ago, guy wanted $500 for it. Looking back now I wish I got it for that price. Can't find any like that anymore.

~FarmallCT
 
There is one for sale just a few miles from me in MN for $750 and it's listed on the YT photo ads a few pages back.
 
Yesterday's Tractor Forums

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back
Top