1020 gas dipstick

I bought this tractor with a broken off nipple on the dipstick tube. This tube screws into the block and has 1/2 X18 threads. This is the same as a 1/2 bolt. I need to know how high this nipple extends from the block. I will simply machine a new one. Thanks
 
I don't know how long it is, but it's CHEAP....

Dipstick tube...
John Deere Part Number: R55299
Part Price: $10.49
 
Count the threads when you remove it. It is used on several different engines and depending on how far it is threaded in or out you can underfill or over fill the engine with oil if not indexed properly.
 
I still need that measurement. It was screwed in 3/4 inch and broken off flush. I have a bolt, it will take me 5 minutes to cut it and drill it. Thats about $200 an hour so I will be way ahead and I will have the part now not 2 weeks from now. How high above the block is the top of this supposed to be? Thanks
 
Yesterday's Tractor Forums

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back
Top