1025R Hydraulic Leak

yKicker

New User
I have a 2016 1025R with 72 hours that I purchased used. I noticed a Hydraulic leak coming from under the floorboard where the four loader hookups are located. It appears the black line is leaking where the female connector attaches to the metal line. It does not appear that it was ever snug against the metal line as there is a small gap. How do I tighten this line as it is above two other lines and seems impossible to get wrenches to it? Are there special Wrenches for this? After reading other posts I am wondering if the fluid may actually be coming from somewhere else. The leak is a steady stream for a few seconds after shutting the tractor down and leaving the loader raised and then starting the tractor again. With the bucket curled it leaks down.I have a 2016 1025R with 72 hours that I purchased used. I noticed a Hydraulic leak coming from under the floorboard where the four loader hookups are located. It appears the black line is leaking where the female connector attaches to the metal line. It does not appear that it was ever snug against the metal line as there is a small gap. How do I tighten this line as it is above two other lines and seems impossible to get wrenches to it? Are there special Wrenches for this? After reading other posts I am wondering if the fluid may actually be coming from somewhere else. The leak is a steady stream for a few seconds after shutting the tractor down and leaving the loader raised and then starting the tractor again. With the bucket curled it leaks down.

First thing to do is determine exactly where it is leaking.

If it's caked with dirt, pressure wash it so you can see. If things in the way remove them or get a
mirror to see around obstacles.

Have an assistant operate the hydraulic valve while you look. When there is actual pressure being
applied it will be obvious.

It is rare for a fitting to get loose and leak. Usually, the leak is a result of a cracked line or
failed oring if it is leaking from the nut area.

When it comes to getting access to a difficult fitting, you just have to do what you have to do. It's
usually quicker to just start disassembling than trying to modify wrenches.

If you do need to tighten fitting go get a cheep wrench and grind away or saw off part of wrench that don't fit. Then heat it with torch and bend wrench to what ever shape it needs to get at fitting. Over the
years I have come up with some strange concoctions. Who cares. Throw it away when done. Ten dollar wrench sure beats taking it in to JD and getting it back with a 400 dollar bill.

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back