jon f mn

My 1030 is giving me nightmares! The engine has been overhauled, heads completely rebuilt with new valves, seats, guides, and springs. Injection pump and injectors gone through. But I still have this miss.

It goes away as you Rev the motor, but gets worsasthe motor heats up.

I have checked valve clearance, retested the injectors, retested the injectors and pump, but still get this miss. Pops out of the exhaust. Where should I look next?

Pull off the valve covers an make sure that the push rods are all spinning or at least free to spin. Had some heads years ago that were casted thick and the push rods were rubbing on the head.

My 1030 is giving me nightmares! The engine has been overhauled, heads completely rebuilt with new valves, seats, guides, and springs. Injection pump and injectors gone through. But I still have this miss.

I have checked valve clearance, retested the injectors, retested the injectors and pump, but still get this miss. Pops out of the exhaust. Where should I look next?
Are the baffles loose in the muffler I have had the happen and done the same as you . Next have you checked exhaust manifold with a heat gun to see if you can locate the cylinder.

Jon, Buying or getting use of a decent thermal heat gun will help narrow down what cylinder it is missing on, the exhaust temp taken on the exhaust manifold close to the head will hopefully tell you. Did you change any heads or just rebuild your own?

Tight guide? Were the power cells removed or serviced? Just a couple thoughts.

You have cracked the injector lines at the pump when running and doing this.

We had a 1030 once that we did everything you said, plus some more many times, finally to get the dam thing sold Dad had them take the pump off one of tractors on the farm, night and day 105hp

Jon, Buying or getting use of a decent thermal heat gun will help narrow down what cylinder it is missing on, the exhaust temp taken on the exhaust manifold close to the head will hopefully tell you. Did you change any heads or just rebuild your own?
Rebuilt 2 of mine and bought 1 that couldn't be fixed

You have cracked the injector lines at the pump when running and doing this.

We had a 1030 once that we did everything you said, plus some more many times, finally to get the dam thing sold Dad had them take the pump off one of tractors on the farm, night and day 105hp
Dan, did you check my reply to the belt pulley thread?

I commented on your YouTube video as well. My 1030 did the same thing when I first got it. Based on feedback from here, I put some transmission fluid in the diesel fuel. Doing that stopped it.

@jon f mn mine will miss and pop when cold but stops after a minute or two, although I have an injector that chirps, I am currently running 2 qts of ATF in the fuel plus some two stroke oil, if you are going to try ATF be sure and not use type F or A and make sure it is not synthetic, type F and A are gritty and can damage the pump and injectors and synthetic will gum injector tip up because it doesn't burn like the dex/merc stuff

Jon, I have had excellent results using Marvel Mystery Oil. ATF is also good but does not burn clean like MMO. I put it in the fuel system and put it in the engine in place of a quart of oil occasionally. It really cleans well. A couple quarts in the fuel should do it. And it's pretty reasonable for price at Wal-Mart. Hope this helps, Nick .

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back