1030 vs 1200

DRussell

I believe the engines in the 1030 and the 1200 were the same except the 1200 had a turbo. Were there any other differences too?

The heads are different as well, and the timing is different. The heads need to be different to make use of a turbo. A turbo on a 1030 won't get much extra power. They also have a bigger air cleaner as that is a restriction on the 1030. Put a second air filter under the original and plumb it in and you will gain about the same hp as a turbo.

I have installed Turbo kits on 830s with no head changes or modifications, I have also done custom installations from scratch and had good results. A 830 will operate at 95 HP @ Rated PTO speed comfortably and I have had them out for many years with no head cracking, some in use today. The only thing that should be mentioned is that the timing must be advanced to 35 degrees to see the HP gain. Fuel settings also will be increased, none of this should be done without access to a dyno. The only downside to the timing change is noticeably harder cold starting.

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back