105/9600 Questions

O4AJD105

New User
In Wheat, can someone tell me what the bushel per hour and fuel burn of both a JD105 and a JD9600.
Thanks in advance.
David
 
Dont know much about the 9600...Acording to the local 105'guru',the 105 gas will easily burn over 60 gallon of gas a day.I didnt know this till AFTER I bought my 105 this spring.The 105 diesel has to be "pushed hard" to burn 20 gal per day.I am going to find out...
 
Thanks for the info. Do you have a gas AND diesel 105? Very cool.

How many bushels an hour are you going through at those fuel burns?

Thanks.
 
No,I only have a 105 gas
(replaces a '65 45 squareback) that I purchased in Janruary.Have not got to use it yet.However it seemed to use a LOT of gas on the 22 mile (2 1/2hour) trip home...
 
My 105 gas burned 6 gal before i disabled the accelerator pump and 4 gallons after it was disabled. 500 bu/ hr in corn but i have a no idea what it would have done in wheat. Jim
 
David
I never really gave this much thought till I read your question so I kept track of the first 100 acres of wheat that I just cut with a 9610 combine which is nearly the same as a 9600. In 100 acres I used 143 gallons of fuel and cut 9445.98 bushels of dry wheat. The conditions were as near perfect as one could ever get as all the wheat was standing and all you needed to do was clip the heads off and the ground was hard and dry. I am using a 30 foot 630F header with an air tube and was cutting about 600 bushels an hour. Soft ground and down wheat would surely double the fuel burn as so much depends on the conditions. I have never owned a 105 combine but I had two 95's years ago but I don't remember what the fuel burn was on them.
 
Yesterday's Tractor Forums

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back
Top