110 volt welder recommendations

mschwartz

Looking for a small wire feed for use around the farm. Thinking 120 volt as it will be used away from good power sources. Want to be able to just use flux core wire but maybe would like the ability to use gas down the road. See them priced all over the place and while I would like to not spend any more than needed I don’t want to cheap out and regret it. Lots of brands that I have never heard of out there. Thanks for your input, Mike

I love my inverter Lincoln, it's dual voltage but pricey... Heard good things about the Hobart at TSC too.

I have one of these I bought for bodywork, does good on bigger stuff. I have had it for about 8yrs. My nuke welder bubby likes it so there is that.

Both Hobart and Lincoln have 110v, 140 amp welders. Both work very well, I've used my Hobart for all sorts of heavy farm use with flux core wire and it's never failed me. A buddy has the Lincoln and has had the same luck. The only benefit of the Hobart for me is being able to go get tips or something on Sunday at Tractor Supply or Rural King if I need to.

I have Lincoln machines, one 120v, and like the brand. Realistically as far as the major name brands go its just what you get used to. About like Chevy, Ford, etc.

Why wire feed? Stick welder would by far be my choice for odd jobs around the farm. By the time you get the burnt back wire out of the tip you would have had it welded with the stick welder.

Go with a 220 v model. You'll be much happier with
Yes the 220 model will be superior, but that 110 can be used at way more places around the farm, along with the flux core wire, we have a Lincoln 225 digital readout with 80/20 gas on it.
I can't go use it at the bin or other tractor shed as the 220 plug isn't there.
The Hobart is the lesser version of Miller.
Just like anything else in our tractor world, you get what you pay for, or need to use!
GG Wes

before you go laying down the Benjamins...check with welder supply houses for a used or trade in.. I got a nice Hobart Handler suitcase welder (90 amp I think) for a song... and it does flux and gas
\
john

I recently got a Primeweld MIG180 and so far it's quite nice. 120V and 240V capable and also includes a spool gun for aluminum. Pretty decent capacity on 120V and of course more on 240V.

Why wire feed? Stick welder would by far be my choice for odd jobs around the farm. By the time you get the burnt back wire out of the tip you would have had it welded with the stick welder.
I have several stick welders in use. I purchased a metal building in a box for the kids FFA animals, super light gauge project that is not very well suited for any of my current welders. Looking for a small portable welder for this and other sheet metal type projects. Thanks, Mike

Looking for a small wire feed for use around the farm. Thinking 120 volt as it will be used away from good power sources. Want to be able to just use flux core wire but maybe would like the ability to use gas down the road. See them priced all over the place and while I would like to not spend any more than needed I don’t want to cheap out and regret it. Lots of brands that I have never heard of out there. Thanks for your input, Mike
Thanks to everyone for the info, I picked up a Lincoln 140. Seems like a nice little welder. Thanks again, Mike

Get some extra tips for the wire size you are using. Home Depot has a 10 pack for $18. Nothing worse than being in the middle of a project and having to run and get some. Tip drill set is a good idea too.

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back