1550 hydraulic Pump drive gear

I just installed new bearing new races for my hydraulic pump drive gear they turn super easy when I pre-assembled them but now that they are in the tractor the pump drive gear has far more resistance then before they were installed in the tractor what i am saying is when i put the bearing and race/carriers on the drive gear when it was out of the tractor they turned far easier then when installed the pump has not been put in I am just talikng about the pinion pump drive gear and the two bearings that hold it no other gear are in contact with it yet

(quoted from post at 23:56:02 08/03/23) Been a few years since I had mine apart. I put new bearings in too. Are you sure they're all pressed in properly? Could be binding from end thrust.
everything looks straight I used a bearing and race installation tool I am thinking a little bit of Loctite got in the bearings I used a retaining compound on the races to keep them from spinning thinkl I may just change the bearings out again quick and not risk it IDK

(quoted from post at 23:59:50 08/03/23)
(quoted from post at 23:56:02 08/03/23) Been a few years since I had mine apart. I put new bearings in too. Are you sure they're all pressed in properly? Could be binding from end thrust.
everything looks straight I used a bearing and race installation tool I am thinking a little bit of Loctite got in the bearings I used a retaining compound on the races to keep them from spinning thinkl I may just change the bearings out again quick and not risk it IDK
Issue figured out the frost/expansion plug was rusty on the inside large chucks of rust had fallen and got stuck in the hydraulic pump pinion drive gear bearings the expansion plug had not been previously been removed to install the new bearings when I had removed the new bearings I found rust pieces and discovered it was the expansion plug which I then removed finding a new 3 1/4 expansion plug has become the new issue

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back